1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets" UK Movie Promotions

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by markit, Jan 10, 2012.

1. markit

markit Active Member

With the movie opening in the UK on Feb 10th (speaking i'd imagine on behalf of all Brit muppet fans..it's been agonising, avoiding spoilers, resisting temptation to watch clips etc..) there's bound to be several Muppets movie tie-ins and promotions and competitions as there always is, particularly with Disney movies, so I thought perhaps we should have one thread for all of those where people can find out what's going on, and hopefully not miss out on anything.

We already seen the Orange mobile network Ad which has been posted in various places, but here's what i've found so far.

http://www.milkmatters.co.uk/#/stickers/ LOVE THIS - give your milk carton a Muppet makeover....whatever next ! :)

There's the EMPIRE VUE CINEMA promotional Muppet cup and Toppers , check the site for
    http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/cinema/Reading/film/the-muppets

http://www.disneymovierewards.co.uk/promotions/competitions - Here's a competition to win tickets to an Exclusive Screening...on Sunday Jan 15th! So hurry to be in with a chance to win it. (AND DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MORE DETAILS ON THIS SCREENING ??)

The BFI London Screening on 27th Jan , keep checking back for available tickets
    http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southbank/events/previews_in_conversation/loco_preview_the_muppets

The Glasgow Youth Film Festival Competition to see the MUPPETS
    http://www.familiesonline.co.uk/LOC...icket-for-four-to-see-THE-MUPPETS-FAMILY-GALA

I'm sure there'll be many more so please add them as you find them to keep everybody up to speed with what's going on surrounding the release of the movie.
    It's looking unlikely that there'll be a premiere over here unfortunately, but hopefully that won't stop them coming over here to promote so if you here about any television appearances etc..don't forget to let us know! :)

Not long to go now...it's almost time time to play the music...almost time to light the lights..just wish they'd hurry up and raise that curtain!! :)

Mark

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Im going on the 15th and 27th, so I'll write a rundown of how it goes! I think the 15th will be THE screening (premiere?) of the movie in England.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I don't really understand why it opens so late there. They don't have to dubb it.
    Someone said to me that they have to change the names becuase Lew means a whole diffrent thing there
  4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Australia has released a Kermit backpack clip buddie and sipper cup as it's cinema promotion.See my post in the merchandise section.
  5. markit

markit Active Member

No, i'm sure they wouldn't change that much, it's just down to scheduling and based on what other movies they have out before hand and so they can spend the suitable amount of time promoting it, so it's a staggered campaign rather than one global campaign. But the awareness has been amazing, every where you turn the Muppets are there , and I love it :)

I can understand changing Lew if his name was 'LEWD' but it's not too close to that, unless it has another meaning somewhere else ?
  6. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this on MC yet, but here in the UK the Muppets are guest editors for February's (out now) 'Total Film' magazine. www.totalfilm.com/features/total-film-magazine-issue-189/the-muppets

I picked up a copy yesterday in the Co-Op. There isn't tons about The Muppets, but it's worth a read. My favorite bit is Miss Piggy's list of films she loves and hates! :)
  7. markit

markit Active Member

I have both the EMPIRE and TOTAL FILM articles on my IPAD, anyone abroad who can't get these magazines and wants to see the articles, just message me.
  8. markit

markit Active Member

Here's the article from this months TOTAL FILM, hope i'm not breaking any rules posting this, if someone could let me know if I am, i'd appreciate that. Of course it's always best to have the actual magazine, so be sure to check it out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EMPIRE MAG to follow...
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  9. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I have these too. Hoping more mags will be released soon as empire stated that a full review will be in the next issue!

Chris
  10. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

When will the Feb 2012 issue of Empire magazine be released? I am asking because they sell empire magazine in the US at booksamillion and would like to pick-up a copy.
  11. markit

markit Active Member

The February issue is the current issue, which has been out for a couple of weeks now.
    It has an amazing Muppet special, so much in fact they should've put them on the front cover, it's well worth getting.
    The March issue will have the review for the movie.

I'll scan and post the pics soon..but certainly pick up a copy! :)
  12. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

What about the total film magazine? Is that worth getting? I can buy this from the online website
  13. markit

markit Active Member

Well the article above is about all they have on the Muppets, no review until next months issue, but they have a couple of other small bits as Kermit is 'guest editor'

Up to you. I'd say yes, but i'm a subscriber and love the magazine.
  14. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Ordered free Muppet stickers from Cravendale. Just wondering, I got an e-mail from Cravendale with "Your stickers are on their way!" as the subject but the e-mail is blank! - does this happen to anyone else?
  15. markit

markit Active Member

I don't think they're ready for sending out the downloads yet, said coming soon last I checked, and as for the stickers..I presume they're an actual sticker set rather than print out. I don't know if they ship internationally, I'd imagine UK only as it's a UK based company. Hope that helps.
  16. markit

markit Active Member

I take that back...BEAKER is now available to Download as a printable set :)
  17. markit

markit Active Member

It's gonna run over the next 18 days...ok i'm gonna stop writing so much about a Milk bottle sticker set! ;)
  18. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

The next issue of the Radio Times (out 21st) is going to have an article about The Muppets in it. :)

Markit, I haven't been able to get hold of EMPIRE. Could you post it here please? Thank you!
  19. markit

markit Active Member

Sure, i'll post it asap! :)

Anyone with an iphone or ipad can get EMPIRE magazine on there, just download the magazine in 'newsstand' it's the Feb issue.
  20. UK Disney Stores are stocked with Muppets! And this is what the store in Westfield Shopping Centre in West London looks like.... http://twitpic.com/893fi9
    :)