"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'll wait because I have a feeling that I can get a better one at Wal- Mart soon, and even use my discount.
:search: Actually, this is a teaser poster and those aren't often sold at retail. Plus - this is double-sided. The exact image printed backwards on the reverse side to make the colors pop when the marquee light shines through it. This isn't important to some fans, but collectors love these! Once they print up a limited run of these there are no more. If you're interested in just a cool Muppet poster, then pass. If you want to collect the first cool piece of poster history for this film then snatch it up! That's my advice. I wouldn't blame a fan for pursuing either option. It's all about personal taste about what one likes to collect.

The only thing keeping me from this is the Paypal Only option.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
nice to see this starting of the publicaty of the new film here's hoping as we go on in months figures vieo games tshirts and lets not forget a teaser trailer

beaker

Reaction score
The tagline is basically saying that all that magic, nostalgia and the characters aren't gone. They're living, breathing and working in our modern world and even if they're not visible right now, they're closer than we think. It's obvious to me. As a graphic designer and artist it kind of bewilders me how something so clear could be misunderstood. That's why great concepts get shelved in favor of GC Smurfs smooshed in subway doors. :stick_out_tongue:
Couldn't agree more. The entire thrust of the film is throwing a creme pie to all the people and "old school fans" who wrote off the Muppets as dead has beens.

i sure hope not because the way my vison is i cant see 3d.
You aren't missing much...3D is just a terrible concept. Every single "3d" film Ive seen(and Ive now seen about 8 3d films in the last couple years)

1. Both the screen and glasses make the movie look very dim and dull, almost muddied

2. Your eyes get used to the effect, so it no longer even feels 3d after awhile

3. a lot of "3d" films only have a few 3d moments

4. because of the muddyness, fine details are lost

5. unless you have the right eyes or seating, everything on the side looks blurry and the effect is often lost

6. 3d films can often cost $4-$6 more to see

7. Upon seeing a film I saw in 3d again in regular 2d, I in retrospect wish I had skipped the 3d

8. Most "3d" films are post conversion films meaning they arent shot in 3d and just look like a dark muddled mess

Basically, even after seeing 3d films on Imax, I still cant say Ive had a satisfying 3d experience

theprawncracker

Reaction score
i sure hope not because the way my vison is i cant see 3d.
Segel has said a few times that he is adamantly against having the movie in 3D... so I wouldn't worry about that. Unless Disney makes it a corporate priority to make it 3D... I doubt we'll see it this go around.

Luke

Reaction score
I really like the idea behind it, though they have been made to look too cgi'd .. I guess its what appeals to kids but it makes them look a bit fake to me since it isnt even meant to be a cgi movie and i've always felt the muppets are much more "magical" as above the waist puppets. I wouldn't want to see a full shot cgi kermit walking down the street .. but i have a feeling we may be about to in some scenes lol

Really can't wait for the movie, sounds awesome and i'm glad the build up is starting.

zns

Reaction score
Now all that's left for us to see is the teaser trailer. :smile::smile::smile:

Wachusk

Reaction score
Wow, so cool to see another promo image...but I have to say, I find the characters look a little strange..maybe these are new designs or maybe just seeing the full body is throwing me off. Piggy looks very "hippy" and I dont mean the 60s kind! (Please don't hit me Piggy) Anyway, of course Im excited and I hope hope and hope some more that the old magic of Muppet Caper and Muppet Movie will be reborn in this re-Boot!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I'm really excited to see a poster ad for this finally. And I like the selection of characters included in it. I had to look at it a couple of times because I agree with some of you that the appearance seems odd. Personally it was because the angle it's at makes everyone look really tall. But it grows on me the more I look at it.
As for the tagline, I thought it was in reference to the movie itself. Kinda that it was creeping up on us.
But all in all I just love that there's a poster out finally.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You aren't missing much...3D is just a terrible concept. Every single "3d" film Ive seen(and Ive now seen about 8 3d films in the last couple years)
3-D is basically a pathetic gimmick created to stop everything NOT downloaded from being obsolete. I've said it before, I'm NO fan of instant gratification culture. No one wants to go to the movies anymore unless you can watch it on a phone (because everyone knows a movie looks MUCH better when it's the size of a kid's Valentine :rolleyes: ) and this is the ONE thing they can offer that cheap DVD rentals and downloads can't (at the moment).

Of course, lowering ticket prices doesn't occur to them. So basically we get more fad movies and more 3-D nonsense to try to stop people from waiting for Redbox, and it's a shame to us who STILL like to go to movie theaters.

I actually kinda dig watching cartoons in 3-D, but it doesn't offer all that much more special... though I hear the Coraline 3-D was actually quite good. I hate myself for NOT seeing that one.