"The Muppets Take Manhattan" on TMC's "31 Days of Oscar" (02/09/07)

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/01/muppets-take-manhattan-on-turner.html
The Muppet Newsflash said:
In anticipation of the 79th Annual Academy Awards, TCM (Turner Classic Movies) is planning to showcase a slue of films that have graced the Academy's ballot during the network's 13th annual on-air event entitled "31 Days of Oscar" (running from February 1st through March 3rd). Throughout this special event film historian Robert Osborne will guide viewers through more than 350 movies over ther course of 31 days. Osborne will introduce each film - giving information on their impact, significance, vision and honors. Among the list of films - which include such classics as Breakfast at Tiffany's, From Here to Eternity and West Side Story - is The Muppets Take Manhattan.

The Muppets Take Manhattan is the third Muppet feature film. Originally released in 1984, the film marks the independent directorial debut of Muppeteer Frank Oz. Audiences follow Kermit and the Muppets as they come to Broadway in search of a producer for their musical. Catchy musical numbers, famous cameos, and a surprise wedding keep this movie lively and fun for audiences of all ages. The film was nominated for an Oscar in 1985 in the category of Best Original Song (however it lost to Prince's "Purple Rain").

TCM's special presentation of The Muppets Take Manhattan is planned to air on February 9, 2007 at 8:00 pm on TCM (check local listings for details). So mark your calendars and tune into catch the Muppets on TCM's "31 Days of Oscar".
Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/01/muppets-take-manhattan-on-turner.html

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, that's awesome! I'm really glad MTM's getting that kind of attention during the award season. I wonder what they'll say about it. I wish I still had TCM, it's a great channel, so many extras and no commericals!

BEAR

Reaction score
Cool! What song was nominated? I know that "The First Time It Happens" was nominated for an Oscar, but that was in The Great Muppet Caper.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
And, guess what? It should be in widescreen! YES!

I will be there! :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think it's really cool that there showing MTM on TMC!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yay! Widescreen, Commercial Free MTM! I'm so ready! One of my favorite films! Also a great way to get the muppets out there for people who shamelessly havent seen them.