"The Muppets" Scores 2 Grammy Nominations

Hubert

Reaction score
Awesome! Just for anyone who is too lazy to read the link, I'll note that the two nominations are for Best Compiled Soundtrack and Best Original Song, with "Man or Muppet" being nominated for the latter.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
But the movie came out over a year ago. How often are the grammies?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
The soundtrack came out just before the movie if I recall (though I'm a little unsure as I bought the soundtrack after I saw the movie...but I went to one of those sneakpeaks) anyways...my guess is it missed the nominating window for last year but could be nominated this year.......but as I know nothing about the grammies feel free to take this comment as complete hogwash....(which would probably not be a term to use around Piggy)

conburke621

Reaction score
Awesome! I really wish that "Life's A Happy Song" got some more attention along with "Man Or Muppet", but I honestly am SUPER excited!

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm kinda assuming that what happened is that last year's Grammy nominations would have already finished before the movie came out, therefore the ending of last year is tacked onto this year.

Awesome! I really wish that "Life's A Happy Song" got some more attention along with "Man Or Muppet", but I honestly am SUPER excited!
I wish "Life's a Happy Song" would get more attention also...I personally almost prefer it more than "Man or Muppet," but either way, it works for me. And I also assume that the Oscar that MOM got also encouraged the nomination.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Hubert's right about the Grammy nomination rules; it's after the last ballot was released, so that's why the Muppets are on for this year.

It is great to see the Muppets nominated for another award, even if the awards will sadly not be very likely to be included in the broadcast of the event itself.

Hubert

Reaction score
This is a really pleasant surprise, though. I had just assumed that all of the movie's awards were past, but apparently not. Hopefully they come up with a win. I'd love to see MOM get another accolade. :smile: