The Muppets on the Jerry Lewis Telethon

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that Johnny and Sal along with Bear from "Bear in the Big Blue House" are scheduled to appear on the Jerry Lewis telethon this Monday September 1st. Since this show will be airing all day, you may want to put in a tape to record these segments when they come on. It is likely they will be featured in the morning or early afternoon.

After you see them, let us know what you think about these appearances.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal were just on! Only for a minute, they were introducing the next act, a duo of dancers. But they caught my attention! We're tuned in to the telethon and will probably just leave it running all day so I'll probably see more of them! :smile:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal added a lot of fun Muppety touches to the telethon while performing their announcing duties for several hours this morning. Bear performed three songs about an hour ago, and he was a hit! The kids loved him and he did a terrific cha-cha! :smile:
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I just miss everything....darn stupid bad luck :wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Jerry Lewis

Hmmm. I just started typing this in and I suddenly got whisked away to another part of the forum. Don't know what that was about... Anyway, those who watched the telethon, what did you think? I usually only catch snippets, but it was especially dreary in Erie and I felt compelled to cozy up on the couch and watch pretty much the whole darn thing. I thought the talent was terrific, including many performers I'd never heard of but was very impressed with (magicians, comedians/impressionists, folk/country singers). I should get on the MDA site and see if I can find their names and keep an eye out for them in the future. The Muppets were also fun, and I greatly enjoyed the frequent participation of Billy Gilman and Mattie Stepanek. Mattie in particular is a great inspiration. What a great outlook on life, especially with all he has been through.

The highlight for me was the very last performance, Clay Aiken singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water." When we started watching the telethon, I logged on to Clay's site on a whim to see if he would be performing; I really doubted he would be, mainly because I'd seen several articles about him recently but none mentioning the telethon. So I was pleasantly surprised to see he was on the programme, and I figured he would sing "Bridge" because of its appropriateness to the occasion. Making Clay the last performance of the evening seemed like a huge vote of confidence from Jerry; in fact, several folks pointed out that Frank Sinatra used to have that slot when he was still around. I was very touched by Jerry's affectionate words for Clay and his insistence that he come back out after his song despite the short time left. And I was rather tickled to be one of the fans who contributed more than $30,000 in his name!

I thought it was a very uplifting day overall. Jerry looks like he is struggling with his health, but he appears in good spirits. I thought he seemed in better shape than last year. And they managed to break the record yet again, with more than 60 million dollars raised to fight for a cure to Muscular Dystrophy. It's about time I heard something this good on the national news!! :smile:
Erin

Erine81981

Reaction score
I thought it was pertty good Love the muppets but haven't seen Bear yet I record it. most of what I could. Hope I got him on my tapes. I had to work today so I didn't get to stay home. **** work. Expasilly my big Boss up in abliene. ( :crazy: about money) I'll try to tell what I thought of Bear.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Hmmm. I just started typing this in and I suddenly got whisked away to another part of the forum. Don't know what that was about...
Ooops! Now I get it! :embarrassed: I was going to put that post here originally but wasn't sure if I should since most of it wasn't about the Muppet appearances. Ah well. Pardon my rambling! :wink:
Erin