The Muppets on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebs

Reaction score
According to abc's website, on Sunday, March 6, 8/7c, The Muppets will be on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."

"Who knew Kermit and Miss Piggy had a knack for design? Extreme Makeover: Home Edition -- along with the help of a special team of Muppets -- gives a home makeover to the family of America's first-ever set of surviving African American sextuplets.

When Diamond Harris was pregnant, she was put on bed-rest and had to leave her nursing job. Husband Chris's salary as a third-grade teacher wasn't sufficient to cover their expenses, and soon they found their home in foreclosure. Fortunately their wonderful neighbors rallied around them and raised enough money to stop the bank proceedings. But the 2000-sq. ft., three-bedroom house was in desperate need of repair, and matters were made worse when Hurricane Ivan sent a tree crashing through the living room, which had become the children's playroom.

Because there were so many children in the family, design team leader Ty Pennington thought some "child experts" should be brought in to help. The Muppets themselves heeded his call, along with Florence Henderson -- "Mrs. Brady" herself!"

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This certainly sounds interesting! I'm anxious to see how it goes.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Oh, man. The Muppets AND EM:HE? Oh, there is no way in Hoboken that I'm missing that episode! Definately going to have to record it; it's going to be a keeper.

Although that makes me wonder, Kermit and Piggy are making an appearance on Home Edition, will they show up in the March 7 episode of How'd They Do That?

Luke

Reaction score
This sounds very cool and shows the Muppets can fit into different TV genres without it hopefully looking too tacky or like they are selling out from what they usually do. It sounds like an apt concept for them to get involved with and the whole team of Muppets thing sounds like more than just the usual guys are being used so they are obviously putting a lot of effort into the appearances.

christyb

Reaction score
Kermit and Piggy designing a home. This I gotta see. Can't pick up ABC with my rabbit ears but I'm breaking out the aluminum foil for this one!!!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
So has this already aired? On the thing it seemed that it aired Feb 20. Is this right or are they going to show it March or what?

christyb

Reaction score
It's supposedly showing March 6th. Which is this Sunday.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
christyb said:
It's supposedly showing March 6th. Which is this Sunday.
Correct. Don't forget to watch on Monday as well for the behind-the-scenes look at "How Did They Do That?" on ABC. The appearance is featured on MC's home page by the way.

Here is some additional info on the appearances from ABC's site.

Fozzie helped carpenter Paul DiMeo construct a special photo frame for DeWayne's room. Kermit competed with Ty by running around with a mini-bullhorn to warn everyone how much time was left before the family was due home. Animal helped load furniture into the house. And Miss Piggy performed like the diva she is by demanding a script for her lines while shamelessly flirting with Ty.

christyb

Reaction score
That's it. I am definately not missing this!!!! :excited:

Status
Not open for further replies.