The Muppets Omnibus

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Today I received this book with 600 pages of pure delightment. Because I didn't know how it would look like, I was very nervous how it would be. But what a great book. Here are some pictures from it.

It's the cover from the Meet the Muppets comic. A great cover but I hoped it would have it's own cover.

That comment from Statler and Waldorf :wink:

Great quality pictures. I was hoping they would make the pages bigger and didn't put more pictures on a page. Thank god! It's perfect!

On pictures it's difficult to see how much bigger it is. So I made a comparison:

It's much bigger but not too big. I thought it would be heavier. But it's not a book you can read with one hand. Maybe Sweetums :grr::wink:

This book contains every comic Roger Langridge made:
The Muppet Show (2009): #1-4
The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson (2009): #1-4
The Muppet Show Comic Book (2009): #0-11
The Muppets (2012): #1-4

Another great Disney Muppet Release. They are on a roll!

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Niiiiiiiiiice!!! Between that and The Muppet Character Encyclopedia, I believe I have some additions to make to my library... :smile:

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
I got my own copy of the Omnibus about a week ago, and I have been absolutely loving it! I read some of the Roger Langridge comics as they were released, but I missed most of them, so it's great fun having such a big high quality tome that includes them all! I can't recommend this book highly enough. It's a must-buy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good to know this thing's finally out. I'll consider checking this out, even though I already have every single issue of the comic. It's nice to have them all in one collector's edition, so I can easily read them without having to dig the old issues out and get finger prints all over them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I usually tend to stay away from reprints of comics I already have, but this looks like a classy addition to any collection. A nice coffee table book that can sit next to the Sesame Street 40th, The Works, and The Character encyclopedia. Plus, you don't have to expose the comics to further elements if you have them all in one, neat, collection.

Here's hoping for a second omnibus of Muppet Classics.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I just finished looking at this, and it was great to read. It's great to have all the comics in one place, and the reproduction looks really nice. Like DrTooth said, hopefully the Muppet Classics come out in a second volume soon.

Loren

Reaction score
This book contains every comic Roger Langridge made:
The Muppet Show (2009): #1-4
The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson (2009): #1-4
The Muppet Show Comic Book (2009): #0-11
The Muppets (2012): #1-4
Does the omnibus include the Muppet strips that Langridge produced for Disney Adventures, which were published as bonus material in the "Meet the Muppets" tpb of the first mini-series?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Does the omnibus include the Muppet strips that Langridge produced for Disney Adventures, which were published as bonus material in the "Meet the Muppets" tpb of the first mini-series?
Yes, they do, they're part of a section in the end of the book along with some sketches and a short letter from Landridge.