1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Frogpuppeteer, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I was just going to say that.

I, too, saw the trailer in front of "Winnie the Pooh" yesterday (it had a good crowd even) and it made the audience laugh.

It kinda felt like a new experience seeing the trailer on the big screen.

I'm still wondering when we might see another new trailer, though.
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

How is the new Pooh film? I like the old school look, but for some reason I really love the late 90's-2000's theatrical and dtv films. (HATE the cgi tv show)
  3. Duke Remington

It's wonderful. :)
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I went to see Winnie the Pooh today and finaly saw a Muppets trailer in the theater. There weren't many others watching, and the movie didn't get much response (I didn't hear any laughing until after the trailer ended).

I don't think it's been mentioned on the forum, but the trailer in front of Winnie the Pooh is a bit different than what's been seen. It starts out as the teaser trailer, but the second half shows several different clips, including some not shown previously. The only one I really remember is a recreation of the part of the opening with the full-body monsters, and yet Timmy Monster is absent (I think I spotted an empty arch where Timmy should have been). This means I'll be surprised if Timmy shows up in this movie.

I've pointed out that some of the archs seen in other trailers are empty, and some have speculated that either some were erased from the trailer to avoid spoiling a surprise or have speculated that the editing of that shot wasn't finished by the time the trailer was put together. But I'm pretty sure all the monsters were on set for the part with the monsters, and there wouldn't really be any reason to avoid showing Timmy Monster (unless he works for the bad guys as well, but so far we don't know that).
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

...or unless the puppet was too expensive to build. We should be happy they gave us Thog and the Mutations, we shouldn't really beg for more. "Beggars can't be choosers" as they say.
    SSLFan and theprawncracker like this.
  6. Duke Remington

Any other new scenes in that version of the trailer besides that?

And which monsters were in the shot you're referring to? Was it only Sweetums, Thog and the Mutations or did any of the other fully-body monsters (Mean Mama, DogLion, etc.) appear too?
  7. minor muppetz

It went by fast and I can't remember many details, but I'm thinking there was another crowd/group shot taking place in some sort of studio. I searched YouTube to see if it's been posted but have been unable to find this version of the trailer.

Just Sweetums, Thog, and the Mutations.
  8. Duke Remington

Was that "different trailer" an entirely new one or the same one just with alternative footage?
  9. minor muppetz

The whole first half was the same as the first half of the teaser trailer, then there were several clips, most of which have been in the trailers we've seen. It included Kermit's "The Muppets are about artistic integrety" line (can't remember if the "fart shoes" clip was shown, but I think it was... Either way I didn't hear the kids in the audience laughing), that one shot of Kermit playing the banjo as the camera widens, the shot of monsters I mentioned, at least one shot I haven't seen, the big turnaround shot of many Muppet characters, and other clips (but I'm pretty sure no Moopets or bad guys), ending with Crazy Harry's explosion and Fozzie's "That was an expensive-looking explosion" line.

I hope that the DVD contains all three teaser trailers and every theatrical trailer.
  10. Duke Remington

Hope that new trailer makes its way onto YouTube soon.

Were there any new or different characters in the newer trailer? And was the monster shot the only new bit shown?
  11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The arches aren't empty for spoiler-hiding, those scenes probably weren't fully polished. I mean, look at them in the trailer, they look pretty bad (Beaker looks so small compared to the other characters). They'll be touched up on before November.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  12. minor muppetz

I thought I already said a few times here, but I only remember one other "new" shot, which went by quickly and can't remember anything about it. And I don't recall seeing anybody we didn't know would be in it.
  13. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Wow! I've been so consumed with offline stuff this last month that i can't believe that i hadn't really visited the forum since the trailer came out! I have a LOT of catching up to do but i did want to post (before i read the last 20 pages) that as awesome as the trailer is, my very favorite part in the entire thing?...

the puppetry of Crazy Harry in the arches shot. One of my fave things about CH is his movements/physical mannerisms and whoever was doing him in that shot (be it Matt Vogel or just some random puppeteer) totally nailed his essence in just those few frames.
  14. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I actually think it's both! I agree that looks like an "unfinished" shot in regards to postproduction (notice how pixelly it seems compared to just about every other shot in the trailer) and that it will be touched up, but i also think there's something very specific that they're (wisely) not spoilering. I actually was kind of sad they even showed the arches shot in the trailer as that would have been such a great moment to save as a surprise...but there's another gag in regards to that scene that you'll (hopefully) have to wait to see in the theatre.

BTW- i did see the comments on this page but i still have yet to read the entire thread but i'm going to make a safe prediction before doing so that within the 20 pages there's probably a very lively and long debate about the Fart Shoes...

My take is i have no problem with the joke itself - whoopie cushions are Very Fozzie...but even though you normally wouldn't actually hear him use the term "fart", in this context it worked because of Kermit's set-up and the wording of the punchline actually works better than "whoopie shoes", "noise shoes" etc...BUT what i DID object to was i really hated to see that moment used in the trailer - mainly because so many family-friendly films and/or franchise-based films often are made up of cheap tasteless body humor jokes (sometimes that ends up being the bulk of their content) that showing that moment in the trailer sent an unintended message to the viewer that "The Muppets" would fall in that same category of movie - which is really one of the worst things they could have done in regards to building up peoples' expectations.
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh! DW! Its so nice to see you here again! I wondered, from your silence, if you were avoiding the new forum. GLAD to see you back!
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think everyone's past that. I'm still mixed on it, but the fact being that Fozzie would do something like that. I'm more concerned about the use of the Moopets, because that's going to cause some confusion...
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_.../images/4/42/Muppets2011Trailer01-1920_18.jpg

The picture's way too big to post here directly...

While there's NO mistake about the pig, I can just hear people saying "Why is Fozzie gangsta?" I like the Star Trek-ness of the doppelganger Rowlf. But this is a very involved plot point that's too confusing to just add into a movie trailer with no explanation. Even the Toughpigs guy was confused upon first viewing.
  17. Duke Remington

I sure do hope that the upcoming new trailer will quickly make its way onto YouTube once it starts appearing in theaters.
  18. Duke Remington

So, has ANYBODY seen the new trailer yet?
  19. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

new trailer what i never knew this i can guess they will be doing a parody trailer of captian America or cowboys and aliens but i never knew of a new trailer when was it announced
  20. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a real trailer yet, but I did see the first TV spot!!! I saw it during the new Phineas and Ferb movie on Disney Channel! I would never have thought to see a TV spot this early on, or during this! :)