"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm seeing that to I'm also seeing a lot of people just coming up to me and asking me what the Muppets are up to. Like i have some kind of inside scoop or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, don't mention sneaking into a movie...you might get the full brunt of moral rants against you:smile: I do have the Princess and the Frog dvd, just been waiting for the right time to watch it. After seeing the documentary "Dream On Silly Dreamer"(exposing how Disney destroyed their 2d department in the early 2000's) I all the more can't wait to soak in the gloriousness of the Princess and the Frog look.
I was SUPPOSED to take my sister to see that one, but something came up and she saw Twilight with someone else so we made plans that we never followed on. Next time, I'm gonna just see the movie twice.

Hmmm, maybe Jason Segal should write and star in the next Star Wars movie....
Naw... then it will be about Chewbacca trying to get into an adult relationship with help from his stoner friends, Luke and Han. :halo: J/K Anyone's gotta be better than ol' man Lucas at this point.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I'm seeing that to I'm also seeing a lot of people just coming up to me and asking me what the Muppets are up to. Like i have some kind of inside scoop or something.
i get those questions too as if ive known ever detail of the film since day one

Dearth

Reaction score
was I the only one a bit disgusted at Piggy's "I have to pee" line in MFS?
Nope, I actually love that line.

Partly because it was so unexpected and raised the new question of puppet excretory functions, but mainly because it FEELS like an ad lib Frank Oz made during the voiceover.

I can easily imagine everyone at the looping session falling about laughing, and then the discussion of whether or not they should use it, and finally someone deciding it has to be stay in. (And this was before I heard the similar behind-the-scenes explanation of Gonzo's "those are my nipples" from Muppets Wizard of Oz.)

By contrast, Fozzie's controversial 'fart shoes' is not extemporaneous, it was clearly in the script.

Alex

galagr

Reaction score
Hey, am I the only one that noticed at 1:28 something weird happened. This is sort of off topic, but if you look behind the swedish chef at 1:28 beautiful day monster is wearing a hat, for some strange reason. What could it mean?:confused::confused::confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think I'll be sad if the time comes before the movie is out when we all run yut of things to over-analyze and over-think.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Wow! I can't believe I haven't posted here yet! But, I've watched trailer and I LOVE :smile:flirt:smile: IT!

First off, I tingled when I heard "It's time to meet the Muppets..."! So, the trailer started off fantastic! I just love this!

Now, Muppets saying "fart" isn't most peoples' cup of juice. I mean, I'm not too big a fan of toilet humor myself. But when Fozzie said it here, it was basically just another one of his bad gags like he did on the Muppet Show! I mean, I don't really like these fart jokes but this is classic Fozzie!

Alright, now moving on, I think these rough and tough Muppets are the Moopets that we had heard about. Fozzie was claimed to have joined the Moopets after he split from the Muppets. The others I'd say are impersonators, although, the Rowlf looks a lot like Rowlf. By the way, the female pig we saw karate chopped by Piggy here, I think was recycled from Snorty, the Pigs in Space: Deep Dish Nine crew member from Muppets Tonight.

Okay, now this Bobo/Tex Richman fencing seen is hilarious! Bobo's "ow"'s are histerical! I also like Uncle Deadly's background inclusion!

Oh, poor Walter! We hear him speak for the first time and now he's been shocked!

Now, this Jason/Amy fantasy here, is weird, random... but I like it! I wonder how it will fit into the movie!

Now this is what I'm talking about! A crowd of new, old, obscure, small, tall, big, hairy, not-so hairy, furry, mechanical Muppets! I mean Quongo, Pepe, Rizzo, Big Mean Carl, Behemoth, the Mutations, I think I even see Nigel (the Muppets Tonight one) here! But aside from the cornocopia of characters, I just love this inspiring speech Kermit is saying!

Okay, I just can't get enough of this shot right here! With Kermit on a log, holding his banjo, Muppets surrounding him and accompaniaing him! He's most likely singing Rainbow Connection!

I like this shot of Rowlf, especially with his hat! I can't quite place where he's playing his piano, but I think it's probably where he worked after he split from the Muppets!

LIPS! And a triangle-playing Animal!

You know, watching this shot of Walter bowing. I think, Walter is going to be a really cool character! He's being performed by a great puppeteer (Peter Linz)! He's also a Muppet fan, so he'll really appeal to us! And he's got faith in Kermit and the gang, he knows that they can save the studio, he knows that they'll put on the best show (telethon) ever, he knows that there's a gigantic glimmer of hope for the Muppets and he knows they aren't going away!

Oh, Tex Richman...

Oh... my... Muppet!!! I just love this car scene! It's so funny! I'm glad they used the Jim Henson Mahna Mahna recording! I just can't get enough of this! By the way, who is that unnamed robot?!!

Oh, my! Gonzo's back to his old stunts! Yes... but, please, Gonzo, don't severely injure your lead human!

Now this is fantastic! The recreation of the Muppet Show arches! This is awesome! I love that there are so many characters here! I just can't believe this movie's happening!

Okay, now I gotta admit... this is AWESOME! I love seeing Scooter rock out to this familiar 80's working song! Now, I don't want lipsyncing Muppets (a la Muppets from Space) to happen! But I sure do like this! It's really fun!

I just can't believe my eyes! The Muppets are back on the silver/big/gigantic/multiple named theatre screen! It's just what we've all been waiting for! And at Thanksgiving! What a better time for Disney to release such an super uber-awesomely cool movie! Wow! I just have one thing to say: This is gonna be the best year ever! Certainely it will be the Year of the Muppets!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's important that everyone see this picture:

This was a gift shirt handed out for the cast and crew after the movie wrapped. It is the only indication of the Moopets, and it's only been known by the fans who check out Muppet Wiki every so often. It gives away a major spoiler and plot point, but it also goes to show there's going to be a very interesting development in the story. Even Tough Pigs got confused by the appearance of Gangsta "Foozie" and the Rolwf with a VanDike (or whatever that's called).

That's one of the 3 main issues I have with the trailer. In the context of the movie, it's clearly a major plot point. But only the most spoiling of spoilers of us know that. There is nothing more confusing to the general public or even some of us hard core fans than to introduce doppelgangers in the trailer the way they did.

BTW: Check out the other Production gifts that use a MUCH better looking logo and the infamous 1980's looking robot (if they didn't look like R.O.B. or that one from Short Circuit, they were knockoffs of C3PO and R2D2 in that era... trust me).