1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

The regulars, Thog, Sweeetums, Big Mean Carl, Behemoth, and so on
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

no i meant like we have seen fozzie piggy kermit walter scooter full body wonder who else
  3. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

id say wait and see...dont want to give to many details away
  4. Muppet fan 123

oh there sure was, great puppeteering in this movie, you'll see
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

This review sums up why the world needs the Muppets now more than ever:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52033

To me that's edgy. If everything is "ironic", cynical and "edgy", then being goofy, honest and such would be the new edgy. I personally cannot stand the current time period we live in...where everything has to be instant twitter liked/disliked mashed smart phone texted up, rebooted and put to a dubstep beat.
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Piggy has been going more full bodied in interviews...meaning like in SNL, we see her fully standing. On Fallon, the illusion of her and Piggy appearing without looking puppeteered was a neat trick
  7. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

STOP PLAGUING PEOPLE WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AND WAIT TWO MORE DAYS. YOU ARE ANNOYING US ALL WHEN YOU DO IT.
  8. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Carl and Behemoth are not full-body characters.

I take this to mean that Sweetums, Thog and The Mutations are the only full-body Muppets in the movie, correct?

As a sidenote, I'm not asking if any other long-absent obscure characters are in the film that we did not see in the trailers, because I really want to be surprised on that one when I go out to see the film at the theaters.
  9. Frogpuppeteer

i have to agree with TheMonsterAteMe, its not just here but most of your posts are questions about who does what, what happens and when will you see it.....all questions that will be answered in time you just need patience...i understand your excited for The Muppets and this movies...but really its less than 2 days away and all your questions will be answered
    LinkiePie<3 likes this.
  10. Muppet fan 123

You don't really see Big Mean Carl and Behemoth completly in the movie, but they are usally full bodied, aren't they?
  11. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

They're not. Carl and Behemoth are live-hand puppets (like Fozzie, Rowlf, etc.), just larger.

So, are there any other full-body Muppets in the film besides Sweetums, Thog and The Mutations or not?
  12. Frogpuppeteer

Like it was told to MuppetLover..it's less than 2 days away wait and see it will make the experience that much better
  13. Muppet fan 123

I don't really know, there might be some in the backaround but they don't have big parts. You do see the feet of a lot of Muppets though. I was looking through Muppet Wiki and found out that in certain scenes the Muppets were radio controlled.
  14. Frogpuppeteer

Hey man dont give away to much yet...keep it vague you want people to be surprised when they go to the movie and see "X" character in it in whatever form
    ;)
    LinkiePie<3 likes this.
  15. Muppet fan 123

Whoops sorry!! I try my best from giving away spoilers,
    But even though I did say this you will still be amazed becuase I didn't tell anyone about what scenes were radio controlled and what wasn't.
    You will be amazed by the ingenious puppeteering. After the movie I ran to my computer and the first thing I searched for was behind-the-scenes videos on how they did everything.
  16. Muppet fan 123

I checked it up on muppet wiki it says that Behemoth is a full bodied Muppet.
  17. matleo

matleo Active Member

I can't remember which sketch it is but Behemoth did appear on the series as a full bodied character at one point. They completed the puppet by putting him in overalls and putting feet on him. Anyone? What am I thinking of? I want to say it's a femile guest star. but besides that Behemoth is typically a large live-hand character like Bobo or Carl.
  18. matleo

matleo Active Member

nevermind, found it...it was a sketch with Sandy Duncan.
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

A lot of the promos heavily feature Behemoth...kind of odd if he's not much in the film. Then again Disney is pulling a retcon by featuring Pepe in a lot of the movie promos even though he's not much in the film. Regarding Behemoth, several of the promos show oddball stuff in his mouth...from a human hand that's supposed to be Jason Segel's to Pepe...so perhaps he is only full bodied in some shots and is more like Bobo.
  20. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if that scene's in the movie at all (we'll see in a few days).