1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Nov 11, 2011.

1. bluebomber95

bluebomber95 Member

I think time to let it sink in is good for all of you who saw it. When I first saw Toy Story 3 for the first time back on June 18, 2010, I wasn't sure what to make of it. The incinerator scene was so dark, as were some other parts of the movie--making me think it didn't belong with the other two movies. But, now I love it as much as 1 and 2. You're never really too sure of your feelings after going so long since the last movie, not to mention the sheer amount of hype that's been created. So, I think it's best to let it sink in.
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

They are in it, But Robin and Rizzo are tiny!! They should have brought them up close! You can't pause and look around the frame in a moive theatre!!
  3. Muppet fan 123

How'd you see it.
    I also saw it. I think Jack Black was WAY more than just a cameo. He basically starred in it!
  4. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

It was a Fan a thon screening
  5. matleo

matleo Active Member

while not trying to beat a dead horse, or take sides, I am going step in here and remind everyone that this is a family friendly forum. Let's keep it civil. I believe the song in question, as listed on the muppet soundtrack, is called "Forget You" and it would probably be best for all parties concerned if that's the way we refer to it here.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. fragglerockr

fragglerockr Member

Muppetfan123,

Sadly, I have not. I had the opportunity to go on the 17th but I turned it down because I have a group of theatre friends/Muppet fans that are going on this Wed. night. I've been following the reviews to see how it's been doing (trying to avoid spoiler-ish stuff). I've been hoping that the movie does well so we can see more new Muppet Projects. So far, it's looking good. Even the critical reviews are still fairly positive which is great!

I'm going to be going down to Disney World in a couple of weeks so I'm curious to see how things are going for in-park promotions. It will still be in theaters and hopefully going strong. Hopefully this will be the catalyst that Disney needs to keep The Muppets vibrant and current (crossing fingers).

Thanks for asking!
  7. fragglerockr

fragglerockr Member

I liked what some else called it, "Cluck You". I think it was more fitting to Camilla and the Chickens.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. Muppet fan 123

I would probably do the same thing, I would love to go with fans but I wouldn't go with fans even if I saw it on the 23rd so I decided to go on the 17th and I did love it!
    Defianley worth the 3 years I've been waiting for this
  9. matleo

matleo Active Member

eeeeeeehhhh...while Ryan's title (or was it Joe's?) was clever (and funny) I think even that kind of stretches the bounds of what's 'appropriate' for the forum. But I'm not a moderator, just an ordinary concerned citizen.
  10. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

11. Muppet fan 123

I don't really know, they definatley did not make a cameo appearance
  12. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

13. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It says in the Jerry Nelson page at Muppet Wiki.
  14. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i just literally walked in from seeing it ...im in tears...tears of joy, sorry happiness you name it i loved this Movie...and i knew that i would and i have, had share hope that all you naysayers will watch it and be amazed..The Muppets never left and didn't lose their magic and this movie proves it..DO NOT WAIT GO SEE IT

Jerry was the voice over during the Muppet show telethon.....

NOW i must say this Jason Segel Amy Adams and Chris Cooper DO NOT take any face time away from the Muppets...this is a Muppet filled movie and practically every scene has them...there where countless pictures and references to Jim Henson from original Kermit Clips to you name it, and so many references to the older movies us older fans will love,i want to say so much more but i cant because i dont want to spoil anything....all i will say is it ended and i wanted more...not because it felt short but because i want it...GO SEE IT...i will definitely be back in the theaters to see it, and not just to support it but to enjoy it.
  15. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Wow!!! I cant wait to see the movie! I would love to hear Jerry´s announcer counting numbers on the telethon like the count!!! by the way... is there any nood to Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock??? thanks for answering my questions!!!!
  16. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

if there was it woudlve been in pictures...so when i go see it again ill keep an eye out but i dont think so

i will say Uncle deadly had an awesome moment
  17. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

mmmm.... interesting... ha ha ha
  18. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

how many full body characters are there
  19. Muppet fan 123

The regulars, Thog, Sweeetums, Big Mean Carl, Behemoth, and so on
  20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

no i meant like we have seen fozzie piggy kermit walter scooter full body wonder who else