1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

2. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

This and the only other (currently) negative review on Rotten Tomatoes aren't really reviews at all.

It's sad that some people have to be negative just for the sake of it.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I was moreso affected by the fact that they scored it lower than Arthur Christmas.
  4. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Just drove past my town's movie theater, never before have I seen it so... PACKED!
  5. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Gutted I have to wait til February to see this movie...seriously gutted!! Maybe I'll have to fill the time by adding to a certain illustration ;)
    frogboy4 likes this.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm gonna hold the movie ransom until you do so! :o
  7. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

My mom has said that the movie is generally getting good reviews.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My precise thoughts? Grade: B
    [​IMG]
    Could have been more cohesive, but a bold new beginning for years to come!
    Muppet fan 123 and redBoobergurl like this.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

But Arthur Christmas is a highly sophisticated film! They speak with the Britishy accents. :D
    Frogpuppeteer and frogboy4 like this.
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Port out, Starboard home! Posh with a capital P.O.S.H.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  11. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Poppycock ol chap!
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:):o:concern:;):attitude::crazy::hungry::cluck:THE MUPPETS:zany::news::eek::D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:
    probably won't beat Twilight this week, but they are on a solid path to being
    THE # 1 COMEDY THIS THANKSGIVING WEEKEND!
  13. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

As long as they beat out "Jack and Jill" I think I'll be happy. :p
    frogboy4 likes this.
  14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i love how its beating puss in boots cause they pushed there realease date to be before the muppets lol
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting you guys dont get it for awhile. Id say you could probably get a screener since youre in the 'biz', tho you really got to lose your virginity in the theater. My experience was slightly ruined by a screaming kid running around the whole time, so im all the more eager to see it again soon.

I plan on seeing it a few times, downloading the torrent to fine tooth comb it for easter eggs and screenshots, preordering the dvd and probably even catching it again when it hits cheap theaters.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

EW said

[​IMG]
    BRILLIANT. I *loatttthe*, HATE this modern period of remix-remashed-rebooted dubstepped celeb worship twitter internet meme ADHD twitchy instant-everything smart phone cynical blah. Hate it. So the fact the Muppets makes fun of this and shows what the world has been missing...so spot on
    Duke Remington and Bannanasketch like this.
  17. Jeremy St Clair

Jeremy St Clair New Member

i want to see the movie but she is seeing it with girl cousins i cant go. i may have to wait till dvd cause im not sure if i can find someone to see it is it okay to wait till its on dvd
  18. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

19. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah gotta see this in the theater. Currently resisting the urge to jump on plane lol

I need to see this in a big theater too, none of those industry screenings that take place in a theater the size of a matchbox lol
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hack and Swill is long out of the running. It's destined to be the WORST reviewed film of the year. Adam Sandler's sophomoric comedies had a place in the 90's, but they're no longer funny or enjoyable. From what I read, all the characters are instantly unlikable and the fact it even had one decent weekend is a shock. PG rating or not, I wouldn't take my hypothetical kids to see that filth.

I just want it to beat out the completely plastic kiddy flicks that you can see any time of the year. Especially the Christmas one... I kinda seem to have a vendetta against it, but that's ONLY because I feel no one should ever make a Christmas special or movie again. They clearly lost the means how, and just keep ripping each other off. The last good one, Prep and Landing, seems to be completely pilfered here.