The Muppets Movie Reviews

matleo

Reaction score
Just got back from a preview screening near me. I won't really review too much because I can't add to anything that's already been said without spoiling though I will say the film seemed rushed in a few early places (mostly the first act), the mansion in particular. And, not to invalidate the others opinions, I didn't think Walter's 'talent' came out of left field at all. Watch the film again. It's in there just don't expect a neon sign to point at it. And to be honest, I'm glad it's like that cause I hate when they show you "chekov's gun" and say "Hey we're going to fire this in the third act!!!"

I have a few other thoughts which I'll most likely post on Wednesday. But, for now, yes this is a very good film. Some very funny scenes. Great to see everyone back and I hope they make more.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree, the characters that should have gotten great lines got nothing, nothing at all.
For example:
Statler and Waldorf: Had only 1 good line in this movie. The other one you could only hear if you were paying attention
Rizzo: was nowhere to be seen. very sad about that I love Rizzo
Bobo: Bobo wasn't that funny in this movie. The main jokes in this movie circulated around Walter, Kermit, Jason Segal and Amy Adams.
I do love Walter though. Walter's just great.
For the cameos, they were great! Though Jack black was more than a cameo, he should have been counted in the main actor list.
I don't want to put down any spoilers so I'll stop here

ploobis

Reaction score
I hope we don't get too much negative reviews about this movie on this thread. I really believe that the movie will be really great and I still can't wait to see it.

matleo

Reaction score
Indeed! Actually, I've got an idea brewing here. Let's refrain from posting reviews here until Thanksgiving.
Not to be rude but there is also the possibility of not reading this thread. The people who have seen the film and have posted thoughts have tried to stay spoiler -free and I think they've done a pretty good job of that. I also understand there are those who want to know nothing about the film beforehand and I can respect that. That's awesome! But still there are people on the forum who have seen the film and want to share their thoughts on it. And you've got to respect that they have a right to do that and that they are doing their best to walk a middle ground.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Rizzo's there. He's just been reduced to a very small role. With Steve doing Kermit the whole time and the focus on more classic characters, Rizzo wouldn't fit in well. I wish they could've finagled him something, nothing big, just a short thing like Pepe's scene.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Also the jail part was cut from the movie.
The Muppets never go to jail