The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Slackbot

Reaction score
Whew. The new Gonzo looks a little off, but it doesn't bother me too much, possibly because I've been watching old TMS DVDs and am used to him morphing between seasons. But that Piggy...! I must never have seen that puppet, because she looks like a different character altogether. She practically looks like Baby Piggy. I can only guess that this time around Puppet Heap only had so much nose on the budget, and they used most of it up on Gonzo.

...And Angelo's chest hair kinda 'icks' me too. Never did like that on Link either. 8^p

beaker

Reaction score
Personally, I think the current puppet builders should revert back to something like the Miss Piggy on the left and use the Gonzo on the right. There's a quality with these puppets that seems to get diluted.
Man, is that a screengrab of the new Gonzo(on the left)? What happened? He looks like a bad knockoff or weird cousin of Gonzo. How did Gonzo go from looking perfect in Muppets.com and youtube sketches in 2008-2010...to looking, well like this? It's definitely the most dramatic and odd Muppet physical change I've seen in modern times.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Perhaps the Gonzo photo on the left was taken during Winter, and the photo on the left was taken after his Spring molt. That would explain his apparently rounder head: thicker fur padded it out a bit. No idea why his nose would change color and shape between seasons, though.

One thing that I find weird about the new Gonzo is that, underneath that cloth shirt, he appears to have definite shoulders. I hope that's just an illusion. Gonzo should have a Grover-esque physique.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's meant for a different thread, but yes.. I really don't like the new puppet designs for these characters. Gonzo's eyes are too small to be as expressive as they used to be, and some of the character shapes are just off a bit. Don't even care for the nose on Gonzo either.

Katzi428

Reaction score
AM's & WN Muppets picketing outside the building with signs saying We Want The Swedish Chef!

Mupp

Reaction score
It's meant for a different thread, but yes.. I really don't like the new puppet designs for these characters. Gonzo's eyes are too small to be as expressive as they used to be, and some of the character shapes are just off a bit. Don't even care for the nose on Gonzo either.
Hopefully they will rebuilt him in a better way for the production of the new Muppets film.

PiggyPower

Reaction score
Puppeteers

Angelo: Tyler Bunch
Angelo Hands: Paul McGinnis
Gonzo: Dave Goelz
Animal: Eric Jacobson
Newscaster: Steve Whitmire

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude... if Tyler is playing Angelo, no doubt are we in for a fun character.

Nick22

Reaction score
muppet wiki says that angelo is performed by bill baretta

muppetperson

Reaction score
We have multiple pig females ,We have multiple chickens, multiple rats, multiple frogs...why not two chefs?
[/QUOTE]

With the exception of chickens and penguins, which are crowd fillers, all the other multiples are different from each other, for example, green and blue frogs,etc.Plus there is really only one frog, one pig, one bear, one what ever....of note.All others are roles to compliment the main player.I dont have a problem with another Chef,but Angelo seems to be a main player and I dont see
the Swedish chef with him.Also, I feel Angelo is too simular in design and mannerism to the Swedish Chef.He is the same body shape,same no eyes, same nose shape, same holding onto a rolling pin.I think just no moustache,different voice and hair isnt enough.If he is Italian, give him a bigger,longer nose.Give him eyes, make him more like the Ratatouille Chefs.BTW Italians do have a lot of chest hair!