The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All I'm trying to prove is that Jason Segel/whoever else wrote the story did not mean it as a political cannon.
To clarify, I'm not saying the movie's a big protest rally or anything, lol. :wink: Clearly it's not. I'm just saying the bad guy is very obviously a wealthy man motivated by greed. Even if he had other motivations, greed was still one of them. Not all wealthy people are like that but many are and always have been. Now here comes Fox News claiming that The Muppets was insulting capitalism. No, not all. The Muppets were insulting corporate greed.

We Got Us

Reaction score
To clarify, I'm not saying the movie's a big protest rally or anything, lol. :wink: Clearly it's not. I'm just saying the bad guy is very obviously a wealthy man motivated by greed. Even if he had other motivations, greed was still one of them. Not all wealthy people are like that but many are and always have been. Now here comes Fox News claiming that The Muppets was insulting capitalism. No, not all. The Muppets were insulting corporate greed.
Well I agree with you that far. I guess I would have a hard time swallowing the Muppets pushing any sort of political viewpoint. Especially one I couldn't agree with. I always use them as my escape from that crud, so the whole idea just screams wrong to me. Maybe that's immature. Either way, I hate the mean-spirited discussions that come of political arguments. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I guess I would have a hard time swallowing the Muppets pushing any sort of political viewpoint.
I don't even like calling it a "political viewpoint." They were simply protesting greed where it exists. I don't think anyone would object to that. :smile:

Either way, I hate the mean-spirited discussions that come of political arguments. :smile:
Me too. :smile:

We Got Us

Reaction score
I don't even like calling it a "political viewpoint." They were simply protesting greed where it exists. I don't think anyone would object to that. :smile:

Me too. :smile:
Thank you heralde. Greed I am totally, absolutely and completely against. Capitalism is a different thing. I think the Muppets have that much sense too. If only Fox News did. :wink: But I digress.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thank you heralde. Greed I am totally, absolutely and completely against. Capitalism is a different thing. I think the Muppets have that much sense too.
Yeah I don't think you can say the Muppets are anti capitalist when they used to do so many commercials and made money for several major companies, hehe. :wink:

But they would be against wealthy individuals who put money ahead of morality. :smile:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Jim Henson struck me as a very liberal guy. He allowed blacks, gays, Jews, and weirdos into his organization and accepted pretty much everyone with open arms. He started a "Being Green" campaign, long before his death. He wanted to bring world peace.

Why are these bad things?

As for the whole "attack on corporations" thing, well... I always find it ironic when Hollywood does that sort of thing, seeing as how all Hollywood movies are funded by massive corporations. Either way, it's not an attempt to brainwash kids. There's nothing sinister about it. I consider marketing toys and crappy video games to children to be more evil than anything the Muppets are doing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Jim Henson struck me as a very liberal guy. He allowed blacks, gays, Jews, and weirdos into his organization and accepted pretty much everyone with open arms. He started a "Being Green" campaign, long before his death. He wanted to bring world peace.

Why are these bad things?
Exactly. The Muppets brought out the best from the liberal point of view.

As for the whole "attack on corporations" thing, well... I always find it ironic when Hollywood does that sort of thing, seeing as how all Hollywood movies are funded by massive corporations.
True, very old story, heh. That's the problem when art and business have to combine. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Though to be fair, Ben Stein recently said he did not have any problem taxing the rich. He said there's no indication it would hurt the economy to do so, in fact it's been done several times before.
The only famous person I take issue with is Orson Scott Card because he's aggressively lobbied, raised funds and devoted a lot of personal time toward attacking gay people. If he was part of a white nationalist group, I think he'd be treated differently. But it's still ok to hate on gays, Mexicans(them "illegals") and Muslims/Middle Easterners in America

The bad guy's motivated by profit. Are we pretending that didn't happen?
Exactly, in the truncated version released in theaters, that's the simple one dimensionality we are left with. Had the film not been butchered, we woulda found out a much deeper significance that motivates him AND made the pivotal scene with Uncle Deadly make sense.

beaker

Reaction score
Does Fox not realize Sam the Eagle since the early 70's makes fun of all the stick up the bum social conservatives? Thats why I half expected and loved the spoof of him being on Fox News in the movie.

As someone said, Im surprised they didnt call Crazy Harry a devoted Islamic jihadist.