The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

zoebell

Reaction score
i forgot about DADT, but that's another good thing too, imo, that got done.

i have my own complaints about not enough being done, particularly with wall street. and i feel the biggest issue is that he hasn't been able to articulate where he stands clearly enough and fight the republicans full on (but i think a lot of that aggressive stuff he hasn't done because of the race issue, which like it or not is still a factor in this country)

but that doesn't mean that i can't see those accomplishments for what they are, and for a democratic president, they're pretty significant. clinton never managed to get anywhere near this amount of legislation through in his whole 8 years. i feel that it's really all about the economy, and if it was better, these types of complaints wouldn't be happening. but like i said, that was a HUGE mess that exploded literally, like 3 months before he was inaugurated, i always knew that was going to take time, and republicans refuse drastic action on that front for the sake of their own interests, so i don't fault him directly for what's been happening with the economy

dwmckim

Reaction score
Not at all surprising. This is the kind of "news" Fox is known for...right down to the messing up of the most basic of facts (Tex Richman is a Muppet, this is a Sesame Street movie aimed squarely at children, etc).

I will say though, that by pretty much excising Tex's backstory (along with a lot of basic story elements that suffered from the final edit's cut), the filmmakers left themselves open for this kind of thing. An audience member doesn't really get why Tex is doing what he's doing or has a grudge against the Muppets other than he's "the bad guy"...so don't tell your story properly and that kind of ridiculousness happens. But still Fox News never ceases to amaze me with the lows it continually sinks to.

Who wants to start a betting pool as to how long it takes for Fox News to do a story about Crazy Harry defacing Abe Lincoln on the Statue of Liberty?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I will say though, that by pretty much excising Tex's backstory (along with a lot of basic story elements that suffered from the final edit's cut), the filmmakers left themselves open for this kind of thing.
Frankly I'm glad the back story ended up the way it did so the Muppets could be accused of ::gasp:: making a statement. It's actually very appropriate. :big_grin:

An audience member doesn't really get why Tex is doing what he's doing
He's a greedy businessman who sees $$$$, that's the message I got.

And I'm glad they went with that. :wink:

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Are you guys seriously discussing politics? That's a really bad idea IMO and never leads anywhere good.

Just saying in advance.

Of course this is a inflammatory topic, but all I will say is this: both the left and the right have their loonies. But the fact is that the left does not have an entire channel effectively spouting extremism as news to be taken seriously. And that is very dangerous, and is hurting conservatism as a whole. It's the reason why my father has switched sides.

I really am not a huge fan of either, but I very much dislike people getting misinformation from a heavily-biased news conglomerate who tries to pretend they are fair and balanced. The left has offenders such as, but not to nearly such a cartoonish and dangerous level as FOX News.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:attitude:Once again Fox News hears a sound bite then formulates a silly, knee-jerk response about it in order to stir people up. Sure, it sounds like “The Muppets” villain is motivated by oil money, but in the film we find out that he holds a personal resentment and there really is no green message. That absence actually surprised me because Jim Henson, a wealthy and self-made man, inserted environmentally conscious messages into his work for years. Aggressively at times. What’s wrong with caring about the world we live in and its inhabitants? That should be part of everyone's agenda no matter what political affiliation!:jim:

dwmckim

Reaction score
HERE IS A MUPPET NEWS FLASH...

Fox News' Eric Boling created some internet buzz by accusing The Muppets of brainwashing kids with liberalism due to the film's villain being a Muppet (sic) named Tex RichMan who was really mean and nasty and made the two year olds in the theatre cry. Even though the film had been out since November 23rd, Boling did not reveal this all-important revelation to the American movie-going public until December 2nd. When asked why it took so long to break this story, an unnamed personal assistant to Boling source revealed, "Boling didn't have any issues with the Muppets until the film's star Kermit the Frog was a special guest at President Obama's tree-lighting party the day before...then it got PERSONAL!"

Boling's report soon went viral as several (legititmate) news sources and (not quite legitimate-but-better-with-fact-checking-than-Fox-News-which-is-saying-a-LOT) blogs linked to the story...not as an attempt to agree with it but to point out how Boling had become the Internet's Laughing Stock of the Day. When asked if Boling might be issueing any kind of retraction, the same inside source replied, "on the contrary he's working on a follow-up report condemning the movie's blatent promotion of Travelling By Map as an attack on gas-fueled vehicles. He'll also cover how the depiction of the proper response to a marriage proposal being 'Mahna Mahna' rather than 'Yes' is threatening traditional marriage values."

In other news, Fox News has just received a BaZillion Unlikes on its Facebook page.

beaker

Reaction score
Had the editor of the movie not done such a hatchet job, we actually might have been able to glean something about Tex Richman's background or motivation. As it stands however, he seems like a random 1-dimensional segueway simply for the purposes of being there.

Anyways, it's often hard to tell the difference between Fox and the Onion News Network:smile: Not that Im letting MSNBC off the hook...they're owned by GE, a major weapons manufacturer