The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There was no elaborate plot about how Tex Richman was working for Big evil Oil Corporations and then the Muppets come along and want to save the earth so they stop Tex and promote environmentalism. Nothing like that happened.
I think that was pretty much implied though. Which is fine with me. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The amusing thing is, I can totally see Sam the Eagle on Fox News doing this actual video, saying Muppets are practically evil ... and then the money shot, when he realizes HE'S a Muppet .... :smile:
Actually yeah, that would have been perfect for Sam! Lol :attitude:

beaker

Reaction score
Remember, in the mind of Fox News and others:

Pushing propaganda and lies to get people to go along with horrible immoral wars
that destroy the lives of both US soldiers and innocent Muslims=good

Anything with an environmentally conscious or peaceful message=bad

beaker

Reaction score
Really, Fox? Just, really? Look I am a Conservative who will be voting for a Republican this coming election. I do agree with much of what Fox News hosts usually say. And yes, I'm a HUGE Muppet fan (Yes, it's possible :wink: ). But anyways, i found this was incredibly stupid on Fox's part. I mean, have they even watched the new movie? No, I don't think they did.

This really comes as no surprise to me at all. I was pretty much expecting it. I realize there are Right Wingers out there who will attack Children's films because of some "secret liberal subliminal message."

The thought never crossed my mind while I was watching this movie that this was some kind of left-wing conspiracy. And I don't feel kids will either. All I knew was that Tex Richman was the bad guy who wanted to tear the Muppet Theater down. There was no elaborate plot about how Tex Richman was working for Big evil Oil Corporations and then the Muppets come along and want to save the earth so they stop Tex and promote environmentalism. Nothing like that happened. Tex= bad. Muppets= good. End of story.
If Ron Paul gets the nomination I'd consider voting Republican:smile: No way am I ever going to be trusting Obama again. But with the GOP, I feel bad for them as the selection is right out of an SNL skit.

Tex Richman is right out of classic Muppet film rogue's gallery, much like Doc Hopper. Even as someone who leans a bit more left than right, I cant stand a lot of these over preaching Hollywood liberal films like Avatar, mostly because the writing suffers as a result.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If Ron Paul gets the nomination I'd consider voting Republican:smile:
When both parties are overhauled I'll consider voting period. :smile:

I cant stand a lot of these over preaching Hollywood liberal films like Avatar, mostly because the writing suffers as a result.
I think that has been a problem lately. The emphasis on the political agenda leads to pretentious, cliched writing.

zoebell

Reaction score
why not trust obama? i don't understand what he's done that's so bad. preventing a depression, passing healthcare reform, killing bin laden....all seems like good stuff to me. (although i'd bet money if a republican president had gotten bin laden, it would have been portrayed as just that- a miracle) i mean he can't exactly work miracles with the economy considering what he inherited, it takes time. and the republicans will never pass anything he proposes, so what's he supposed to do about that, exactly?

all this obama hate seems way overblown. i really don't get it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
why not trust obama? i don't understand what he's done that's so bad.
I think it's more what he's not done. Or not done enough of.

i mean he can't exactly work miracles with the economy considering what he inherited, it takes time. and the republicans will never pass anything he proposes, so what's he supposed to do about that, exactly?
I do agree that it took years to create this mess and it will naturally take years to fix it. And the Republicans are only thinking in their own interests. So it is hard.

I personally really haven't thrown my support to anyone. The two parties are too corrupted and they're both contributing to the problems.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Gotta agree with Heralde. Personally, I'm looking at third party options. I don't know how anyone can honestly think that Obama is any better than his predecessors. They're all basically the same these days.

beaker

Reaction score
why not trust obama? i don't understand what he's done that's so bad. preventing a depression, passing healthcare reform, killing bin laden....all seems like good stuff to me. (although i'd bet money if a republican president had gotten bin laden, it would have been portrayed as just that- a miracle) i mean he can't exactly work miracles with the economy considering what he inherited, it takes time. and the republicans will never pass anything he proposes, so what's he supposed to do about that, exactly?

Killing bin laden? For every one bad guy he gets, he ends up killing a buttload of innocent Villagers. I mean that's pretty much US policy since Bush. But not even Bush was dumb enough to start a war in Pakistan. I will say he never had a chance of passing any sort of real healthcare thanks to the Republicans. But besides dramatically escalating the war in Afghanistan, getting us into a number of other conflicts and reigning missiles down on Pakistani villagers every day...he also refuses to close Gitmo, has actually increased domestic surveilence/police state tactics/big brother measures beyond what Bush did(like say, at airports for example), he's continued to give Saudi Arabia(the people behind bin Laden and 9/11) tens of billions of dollars, he's given the people behind the Taliban(Pakistan) billions of dollars, continued the massive corrupt wall street bailout, etc.

Yes, he repealed DADT and has said he supports gay rights...we wouldnt get that with a conservative...but he's just done too many bad things that have shown he's more a servant of the elite than a servant of the people who elected him.