The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

goldenstate5

Reaction score
At the bottom it says, "This critisicim is brought to you by the letter S for stupid"
The "article" is anti-FOX News (hence it being a joke), the video is not.

Sometimes I can't believe the things that are on that network. Everytime you think they top themselves, they just end up doing something more ridiculous. I'd find it hilarious if people didn't use it as an actual news source.

zoebell

Reaction score
sounds like colbert bait. i guarantee this story gets mocked by one of the late night hosts

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey just think of all those Fox News watchers who just discovered that there was a new Muppet movie. As many times as the word "Muppet" was used in that segment I would have to say they were using a little bit of a brainwashing tactic themselves. Thank you Fox News! *thumbs up*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey just think of all those Fox News watchers who just discovered that there was a new Muppet movie. As many times as the word "Muppet" was used in that segment I would have to say they were using a little bit of a brainwashing tactic themselves. Thank you Fox News! *thumbs up*
And I'm sure they know that. They just needed to have something to write about. Any publicity is better than no publicity. :wink:

Walter

Reaction score
And another thing.. Kermit says Tex is a well known philanthropist. He isn't a bad guy, he just had a Muppet grudge..

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And another thing.. Kermit says Tex is a well known philanthropist. He isn't a bad guy, he just had a Muppet grudge..
Well I think what was going on there was that Kermit had been deceived into thinking Tex was a philanthropist when he was really out to destroy the theater for profit.

beaker

Reaction score
Well I think what was going on there was that Kermit had been deceived into thinking Tex was a philanthropist when he was really out to destroy the theater for profit.
Well thats the joke...many of the top "philanthropists" of our time are in real life robber barons(George Soros, David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger, George HW Bush, etc) They live to be a bazillion years old because they get access to stuff the public never could afford or know about)

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Really, Fox? Just, really? Look I am a Conservative who will be voting for a Republican this coming election. I do agree with much of what Fox News hosts usually say. And yes, I'm a HUGE Muppet fan (Yes, it's possible :wink: ). But anyways, i found this was incredibly stupid on Fox's part. I mean, have they even watched the new movie? No, I don't think they did.

This really comes as no surprise to me at all. I was pretty much expecting it. I realize there are Right Wingers out there who will attack Children's films because of some "secret liberal subliminal message."

The thought never crossed my mind while I was watching this movie that this was some kind of left-wing conspiracy. And I don't feel kids will either. All I knew was that Tex Richman was the bad guy who wanted to tear the Muppet Theater down. There was no elaborate plot about how Tex Richman was working for Big evil Oil Corporations and then the Muppets come along and want to save the earth so they stop Tex and promote environmentalism. Nothing like that happened. Tex= bad. Muppets= good. End of story.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The amusing thing is, I can totally see Sam the Eagle on Fox News doing this actual video, saying Muppets are practically evil ... and then the money shot, when he realizes HE'S a Muppet .... :smile: