The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of offending conservative Muppet fans (who are probably offended at this as it is)...

Does this actually surprise anyone? Fox News is a caricature of itself that brings out the worst in conservatives AND liberals, and I blame that sort of cheap partisanship and sensationalized nonsense on why we suck as a country. But the thing that really gets to me is how the heck dumb do you have to be to NOT know that rich oil baron that only cares about oil is the OLDEST of character tropes?

Here's the thing... if any of these venom drooling overpaid hacks actually WATCHED the movie, Tex changes his mind and just gives them the studios with his blessing. The government doesn't bail out the Muppets, big business saves the day on its own. What's NOT conservative about that?

pjtoadie

Reaction score
Yeah what a joke of an article that is!

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
There's a huge difference between a conservative and a Fox News Conservative. There's nothing here that would offend a real conservative, I don't think.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What class warfare? That's what my point is. The villain winds up saving the day. I'm shocked conservatives didn't take that away. That's a perfect example of things working out with the government to step in. If Kermit put in a call to Obama to raise Richman's taxes enough so he couldn't possibly buy the studios, then there would be a valid argument. Heck, even Muppet Christmas Carol's more left leaning than this one... and that's ONLY because the real message of Charles Dickens's Christmas Carol was to expose the insane greed in 1800's Britain after the Industrial revolution... and MCC managed (like all other Christmas Carol productions) to obscure that enough.

I'm really shocked Pox news isn't whining about this:

That's a short little middle feather up to them.

beaker

Reaction score
And people wonder why most thinking folks in America think Fox and the GOP are the bottom of the barrel and worthy of great laughter and scorn.

I mean you listen to these mongrels like Rick Perry, Newt freaking Gingrich, and the even more right winger Herman Cain...where do these people get off? It's one big hate fest.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And people wonder why most thinking folks in America consider conservatives the bottom of the barrel and worthy of great laughter and scorn.
They really need to stop targeting movies or TV shows; the majority of Americans will just laugh it off. This is reminding me of Dan Quayle freaking out over Murphy Brown.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Muppets brainwashing children? Yeah, cause, y’know, the fact that an Oil Baron is trying to ruin the Muppets is totally a statement about getting children to turn away from nonrenewable resources. It’s definitely got nothing to do with the fact that an Oil Baron is a stereotypical villain in a whole mess of other movies. He totally hates the Muppets because that’s what Oil Barons and rich people do, and it certainly has nothing to do with the fact that the only reason he would hate them is because the Muppets ruined his childhood (which I guess most people don't know... but still). Of course not! It’s because he’s rich, and that makes him evil! Mmhmm, good one Fox News. You totally called that one.