1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by MrBloogarFoobly, Dec 5, 2011.

1. MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

At the risk of offending conservative Muppet fans (who are probably offended at this as it is)...

Does this actually surprise anyone? Fox News is a caricature of itself that brings out the worst in conservatives AND liberals, and I blame that sort of cheap partisanship and sensationalized nonsense on why we suck as a country. But the thing that really gets to me is how the heck dumb do you have to be to NOT know that rich oil baron that only cares about oil is the OLDEST of character tropes?

Here's the thing... if any of these venom drooling overpaid hacks actually WATCHED the movie, Tex changes his mind and just gives them the studios with his blessing. The government doesn't bail out the Muppets, big business saves the day on its own. What's NOT conservative about that?
  3. pjtoadie New Member

Yeah what a joke of an article that is!
  4. Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

That's 7 minutes I ain't getting back!!!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  5. MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

There's a huge difference between a conservative and a Fox News Conservative. There's nothing here that would offend a real conservative, I don't think.
    Muppetfan44 likes this.
  6. shinycelebi225 Active Member

OH HECK NO!!!
    it's not the muppets! it's spongebob and family guy that did this!!
    everyday i go to school and all the 6th graders are going " suck it" and moaning sexily and it just makes me wanna cry
  7. heralde Well-Known Member

The Muppets have always been very hippie and rebellious. If they're encouraging "class warfare" more power to them! :sing:
    MJTaylor and shinycelebi225 like this.
  8. shinycelebi225 Active Member

GO HIPPIE"S!!!!!!!!!
    heralde likes this.
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

What class warfare? That's what my point is. The villain winds up saving the day. I'm shocked conservatives didn't take that away. That's a perfect example of things working out with the government to step in. If Kermit put in a call to Obama to raise Richman's taxes enough so he couldn't possibly buy the studios, then there would be a valid argument. Heck, even Muppet Christmas Carol's more left leaning than this one... and that's ONLY because the real message of Charles Dickens's Christmas Carol was to expose the insane greed in 1800's Britain after the Industrial revolution... and MCC managed (like all other Christmas Carol productions) to obscure that enough.

I'm really shocked Pox news isn't whining about this:

[IMG]

That's a short little middle feather up to them.
  10. shinycelebi225 Active Member

i thought that was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. beaker Well-Known Member

And people wonder why most thinking folks in America think Fox and the GOP are the bottom of the barrel and worthy of great laughter and scorn.

I mean you listen to these mongrels like Rick Perry, Newt freaking Gingrich, and the even more right winger Herman Cain...where do these people get off? It's one big hate fest.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  12. heralde Well-Known Member

They really need to stop targeting movies or TV shows; the majority of Americans will just laugh it off. This is reminding me of Dan Quayle freaking out over Murphy Brown.
    MJTaylor likes this.
  13. Puckrox Well-Known Member

Muppets brainwashing children? Yeah, cause, y’know, the fact that an Oil Baron is trying to ruin the Muppets is totally a statement about getting children to turn away from nonrenewable resources. It’s definitely got nothing to do with the fact that an Oil Baron is a stereotypical villain in a whole mess of other movies. He totally hates the Muppets because that’s what Oil Barons and rich people do, and it certainly has nothing to do with the fact that the only reason he would hate them is because the Muppets ruined his childhood (which I guess most people don't know... but still). Of course not! It’s because he’s rich, and that makes him evil! Mmhmm, good one Fox News. You totally called that one.
    shinycelebi225 likes this.
  14. beaker Well-Known Member

Whoops, meant to type in Fox and the Republican party. My bad.

Im not sure how being a right winger however is compatible with being a Muppet fan...maybe a fiscal conservative or Libertarian. I might give Occupy people and liberal college kids a tough time(mostly for the lulz) but Im not sure how you can be a right winger and just let yourself have fun.

Heres the funny thing...Republicans tried to KILL off Sesame Street and PBS in general.

Personally what I find truly disgusting is that not only did Sesame Workshop make several pro war specials, where they augmented Sesame canon so that Rosita's dad lost a leg fighting in Iraq and shipped Elmo's dad off to war(Jim Henson would NEVER approve of this) but Sesame Workshop didnt protest at all when it was learned the US military under Bush was using Sesame Street songs as part of their brutal torture program in Iraq and Afghanistan. Also Sesame Street has been getting money and work with war criminals the RAND corporation.

Jim Henson clearly stated his goal with Fraggle Rock was to "end wars", and his "hey stop whats that sound" sketch was a middle finger to the vietnam war and the folly of war. As The World According to Sesame Street and When Muppets Dream of Peace show, Sesame street is great for use in war torn countries...its just sad when America is the one who starts the wars, and often for no good reason.
    MJTaylor likes this.
  15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Where was Fox News during Cars 2? I'm really surprised they didn't say anything about that.

Why?

Well, when I watched the film, I noticed the sneaky little subversive subplot. The film's story has to do with this rich oil baron Rover V8 who supposedly converted himself to an electric car and would now base his business in creating renewable, clean burning sources of fuel. So he creates Alinol, and unveils it with a Grand Prix race that would use Alinol to fuel all the cars in the race. Meanwhile, a group of spies commissioned an evil scientist to create a weapon that would shoot an electromagnetic pulse into the gas tanks of race cars using this feul, causing them to blow up. This sends fears that Alinol is unsafe.

Now considering I doubt anyone here wants to see it or hasn't already if they did... the movie ends with it all being a ploy of the Rich oil baron to make Alinol look unsafe, thus scaring anyone away from alternative feuls... and it's revealed that it's just plain oil with an added ingredient to make the cars combust when hit with the super weapon. so basically...

The message of Cars 2 is that the oil companies are purposely holding back renewable resources.

And no one complained... and no one complained about Astroboy, where the villain was a war mongering not so thinly veiled right wing political candidate (he refereed to his opponent reeking of patchouli oil) using some war robots as leverage to win the next election.
  16. shinycelebi225 Active Member

thank you for the spioler! ( no really thanks!)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  17. Walter Active Member

Ugh..I hate it when people look so far into things, and then accuse innocents just from their perspective. I mean, from an open minded point of view. Tex is rich, Tex has built up his life on money, but that is NOT the reason he is trying to deestroy the theatre. This is why I wish the story arc considering Tex's laugh was not deleted. Without it, you get these idiots spreading unkind words.
    Puckrox likes this.
  18. Walter Active Member

quote from DrTooth:
    Actually, many people complained. It was the only kind of press one would get when they searched AstroBoy during the movie's release. which is a shame, because I really like the movie, and I fear the negative press is what lead to its box office failure.

Ironically, the movie soared in china..and a sequel is on its way.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  19. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

This kind of thing makes me inexpressibly sad inside. People need to actually see/read/watch something before they judge it, but evidently no one in the television news world feels this need.
  20. heralde Well-Known Member

Well I don't want to get into that. There are things left wingers do that aren't very Muppet compatible either. People are complicated, thank goodness. ;)
    newsmanfan likes this.