The Muppets in the year 2005.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
In one month 2004 will be over; and we will be in the year 2005. As I look at it now, 2005 already is looking up to be a great year for the Muppets and the other Henson projects. Below is a list of some of the things 2005 will offer the Muppet community. This is by no means a compleate list of what we'll see in 2005. The Muppet Holding Company (Disney), HIT Entertainment, The Jim Henson Company, and Sesame Workshop will have more events, products, releases, collectibles, and fun in store for us. More news and information will be released as the year moves on. But as of now there is a great deal of what we know to look out for. Below is a list of the Muppet/Henson happenings in 2005. If you know of anything else, or want to comment on the year ahead please feel free to share. Please note that many projects can change, moved, or cancled; likewise many projects could be added as time goes on.

:excited: 2005 is looking like a great year for the Muppets!:smile:

"Fraggle Rock" on DVD - January 4, 2004
"Fraggle Rock Dance Your Cares Away", the Second 3-episode single-disk release DVD (and VHS) from HIT Entertainment is released.

"Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories" on DVD - January 25, 2005
For the first time on DVD! "Humpty Dumpty" and "Jack and Jill" DVD's & VHS's from HIT Entertainment will feature a collection of stoires from the great Henson TV show.

The Muppets on US Postage Stamps - March 15, 2005
The US post office will be offering 10 special stamps featuring the Muppets, and 1 featuring Jim Henson in 2005.

15th anniversary of Jim Henson's death - May 16, 2005
Has he really been gone that long? 2005, marks 15 years since Jim's passing. :cry:

The Muppets Wizard of Oz Premiere - Sometime in May
The newest Muppet TV movie will premiere on ABC's "The Wonderful World of Disney sometime in May, with possible re-airing on ABC-Family and the Disney channel in the months following. No official date has been announced.

The Muppets Wizard of Oz DVD and VHS -Sometime in May-July
The TV special will make its way to a home release sometime after the special airs in the late spring / early summer time frame. No official date has been announced, but word that a home release is planned has been.

Fraggle Rock Season One DVD Box Set - Sometime in August-November
Rumor has it that HIT Entertainment is working on Fraggle Rock DVD season box sets, the first of which would be out in fall 2005.

The Muppet Show Season One DVD Box Set - Possibly July-December
Rumor has it that Disney is working on season box sets of the Muppet Show. They could be ready for a 2005 release (or possibly not until 2006)

The Muppet Movie Special Edition DVD - Possibly July-December
Rumor has it of Disney working on a re-release of The Muppet Movie on DVD under their lable and encluding new features. Possible for a 2005 release (or possibly not until 2006).

MirrorMask Released - Sometime in 2005
The Henson Creature Shop and Columbia Pictures fantasy world film should finally be released in theaters and/or on a home release (DVD/VHS) in '05.

The Finial wave of Palisades Muppet Figures release -2005
It will be sad to see the line end, but in 2005 the last of the palisades action figures, series 10, will be released.

50th anniversary of Sam & Friends - 2005
50 years ago Jim Henson got his start with a little TV show called Sam and Friends. Kermit also first showed up then too.

The 36th Season of Sesame Street Starts - 2005
After 36 seasons Sesame Street is still running strong and will start season 36 in '05.

christyb

Reaction score
For sure it will be a great year for the Muppets. But also for us! The Muppet fans. Seems like to me I'm gonna be spending quite a bit of money in 2005:smile: .

King Jim

Reaction score
I'm older than Jim henson and I can't believe he's been gone that long.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Well it should be a good year. It even looks good for Australia with Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal being released on DVD in (probably in Feburary) for a start. These are long awaited releases in Australia as they have been available in the US and other parts for quite some time now.

beaker

Reaction score
It's the 50th Annv of the Muppets period...and unfortunately that could have only been celebrated if the were still with JHC(tho, chances are not much would have been done with them anyways) So yeah, who knows if we'll be seeing any 50th annv Muppets commenoration. I said it a few years ago, but it would have been nice if they went all out for it...oh well.

It would be very nice if Disney had a Muppet day or weekend, like they do with star wars. Ya can bet I'd be there!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
The Muppets will in a new stage show at Disney's Califorina Adventure for Disneyland's 50th Anniversity with the Animal's Party House theme.