1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Muppets: Green with Envy" Teaser Trailer On-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, May 23, 2011.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree with this.

I've absolutely never given or encouraged others to give blind support, however I start from a place of optimism. I just can't understand a lover of the Muppets starting with pessimism or a chronic skepticism as their default position. IE - it's gonna suck unless I see something indicating otherwise. There was another poster on this thread that came from that point of view and it's one that's very popular around the web among people who like the Muppets, but haven't necessarily followed their history as closely like most of us here.

Disney has been handling the Muppet remarkably well lately and I don't see them doing any better at the Henson Company seeing how difficult time the've had with the Fraggle and Dark Crystal movie projects. Even though the Disney Muppet history is spotty - - all current signs point to a comprehensive and methodical plan for positive growth. It appears to be all green lights for Kermit the Frog and company. I'd rather hope that's going to be the case then pick apart imaginary reasons of what could go wrong. That's just how my brain works. :)
  2. kymie

kymie New Member

Frogpuppeteer and BEAR - I got my double sided Muppet poster today! There are a couple left on Ebay I think.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Pardon the pun. :rolleyes:
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

They aren't "haters," they are fans, just as much as you are. And you're both entitled to your opinions. ; )

But anyway, the teaser has convinced me to suggest to my friend that we should see the movie, so that's a positive start! ;)
  5. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I am JUST now getting the joke of the humans' names. Gary and Mary? Heheheheheh ... someone likes fanfiction tropes.

The more I watch the trailer, the more I could kick myself for not thinking of the Muppets earlier than the "bait and switch". I mean, there's a CAR in the classroom. "Oh, I'm sorry, I can only take you as far as your class." The ample use of Kermit green, Mary wearing a dress with pink and Piggy glove-purple, Gary standing in a doorway that is obviously backstage at the Muppet Theater ... grrrr ... I should learn to be more observant. :)
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

We are at 904,351 views on Youtube in just three short days! Not bad Muppet fans
  7. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I watched it last night. Loved the whole set-up. :) Very clever.
  8. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

BRYAN! Hello my friend! It's so good to see you! And it such an exciting time to be a Muppet fan, I whole heartedly agree! :)
  9. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

That is an IMDB listing, however, and should be taken with a grain of salt. For example:

Peter Linz ... Walter (voice)

That said, this trailer made me grin so widely that the top of my head was in danger of sliding off. I was also happy to see lots of my friends sharing it on Facebook. I'm so looking forward to this movie, and will be lapping up any previews and sneak peeks we get.
  11. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give IMDB much (ahem) credit at this point. It's practically become a tradition by now that whenever a new Muppet project is in the can but waiting to air, a cast breakdown/performer listing pops up on IMDB and it's based on speculation and guesswork as opposed to actual knowledge.

...and indeed, looking at the current listing, it appears to be 1/3 stuff gleaned from press reports, 1/3 extras putting themselves up to gain an imdb credential, and 1/3 speculative fan fiction (The Brian Henson as Sal Manilla / Robin the Frog / Crazy Harry/ Pops The Newsman / Ma Bear / Dr. Van Neuter is a pretty fair giveaway that this is not gospel!)
  12. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

yea especially since it says Brian henson is Robin the frog
  13. dwayne1115

Right and Crazy Harry We all know who is doing them now Matt Vogel.
  14. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I showed this trailer to several people at work. Most grinned widely when they got to the third name in the cast list. Heh!
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

And that's just one video! Search "Green with envy trailer" and "the muppets trailer 2011" and THEN add up all the views on all the minute and a half teaser trailer videos:)
  16. The Mush

The Mush New Member

I really like this trailer, and am exited:excited:! But the part I really liked best was BEAUTIFUL DAY MONSTER! I am exited.

Also, go to my deviantART page, at:
    http://mushmeister67.deviantart.com/
    (Yes, there is Muppet stuff)
  17. dwayne1115

Yes and thats not even couting how many times people are going to Disney.com to see the video.
  18. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

goodness me whos knows how many people have seen it all together looks the muppets are taking over the web then the world which is a good thing
  19. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Heck, it's even on Yahoo's page now.
  20. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

muppets domination!