"The Muppets" first preview screening

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Hi ho Hihothemuppets--bless you for posting for us. I am very grateful, as I'm sure the rest of the fans are--even the lurkers. I want to ask a question, but feel free to not answer it here if you think it's too much of a spoiler.

There's an article in Entertainment Weekly about the movie, and then a commentary later on in the same issue, and it basically says, "The Muppets need to do what they do best--focus on the frog/pig relationship at the core of the muppet family." They didn't mean that the ENTIRE movie should be about Kermit and Piggy, but that the relationship was an assumed, integral part of the whole--just like it was in The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan.

Hihothemuppets--I feel like I've been waiting for YEARS for Kermit to say something sweet to Piggy that he doesn't immediately follow up with a fat joke or a pork joke. In fact, I sortof feel like I've been waiting, oh, 20 years or so for that. And the trailers make me believe that I might--just MIGHT--get to see a little bit of the romance that used to undergird the entire show. I guess what I want to know/don't want to know is this--if they're just baiting fans like me with the PROMISE of a romance, could you let me know now so I won't be crushed when I go to see it in November. I WILL go--I'd just like to be braced for it.

Thank you--thank you so much for letting us share your experience.

Ru

rizzothechef

Reaction score
Dont go into debt unless you're planning an epic trip in LA/southern california that coincides with the film. I am seriously hoping Disney does an official Muppet fan weekend or something akin to elecTRONica at Disneyland. D23 doesnt seem like it will have near the Muppet presence that 2009 D23 had, so Im skipping that. But I will be in southern california in a nano second if Disney does announce something Muppety related, and would be a perfect opportunity for a fan gathering.

That's unfortunate that Europe doesn't get the film til February. I'd say since you're planning to see it anyways, if you absolutely can't wait I'm sure a good quality torrent would suffice. My friends and family plan on seeing it at the theatres multiple times:smile:
Torrent?!! Torrent?!!!!! Please stop swearing! lol NEVER!

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
Hi ho Hihothemuppets--bless you for posting for us. I am very grateful, as I'm sure the rest of the fans are--even the lurkers. I want to ask a question, but feel free to not answer it here if you think it's too much of a spoiler.

There's an article in Entertainment Weekly about the movie, and then a commentary later on in the same issue, and it basically says, "The Muppets need to do what they do best--focus on the frog/pig relationship at the core of the muppet family." They didn't mean that the ENTIRE movie should be about Kermit and Piggy, but that the relationship was an assumed, integral part of the whole--just like it was in The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan.

Hihothemuppets--I feel like I've been waiting for YEARS for Kermit to say something sweet to Piggy that he doesn't immediately follow up with a fat joke or a pork joke. In fact, I sortof feel like I've been waiting, oh, 20 years or so for that. And the trailers make me believe that I might--just MIGHT--get to see a little bit of the romance that used to undergird the entire show. I guess what I want to know/don't want to know is this--if they're just baiting fans like me with the PROMISE of a romance, could you let me know now so I won't be crushed when I go to see it in November. I WILL go--I'd just like to be braced for it.

Thank you--thank you so much for letting us share your experience.

Ru
As an avid Piggy fan, I would like to second this emotion. Also, please please please tell me she's better than the pi$$-poor excuse they made of her in Letters to Santa!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Dude! This is some awesome stuff! Thanks for the info. While I'm not really looking for spoilers, it's been good to have some questions answered about the movie. I would have seen it regardless, but it's cool to see so many of fans' expectations and desires being met- at least it seems so so far.

I mainly have a question regarding the content. I hope the movie is rated G and even so, I want to clarify- is there any level of crude humor beyond the "fart shoes" gag (which as you said earlier doesn't have a real big part in the movie, for which I'm glad). I would hope there certainly wouldn't be any foul language. Were there any double entendres in there? I'm hoping to take my nephews and niece to see the movie and I want to make sure this is something that will be totally appropriate for them. Thanks for your help with that and for all the info on "The Muppets" movie. I'm definitely excited for this one!:dreamy::drool::jim::big_grin:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Since Pepe and Bobo are the only post-1990 Muppet characters that will be having speaking parts in the movie, I take it to mean that any of the other post-1990 characters that appear in the background (Big Mean Carl, etc.) are going to be silent in this film. Am I correct on this assumption?

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
I'm now that much more excited to see this movie! I'm so glad we get this info. I have a few questions:

1. Does Thog have any speaking lines? I certainly hope so.
2. Were the celebrity cameos overdone? I feel like there were a lot of them and I don't want those to be an unecessarily huge part of the movie
3. Do all the human actors and cameos seem to blend and communicate well with the puppets? That's always good- to have a natural actor with the puppets

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I really appreciate this information. I LOVE THE MUPPETS

Reaction score
I'm now that much more excited to see this movie! I'm so glad we get this info. I have a few questions:

1. Does Thog have any speaking lines? I certainly hope so.
2. Were the celebrity cameos overdone? I feel like there were a lot of them and I don't want those to be an unecessarily huge part of the movie
3. Do all the human actors and cameos seem to blend and communicate well with the puppets? That's always good- to have a natural actor with the puppets

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I really appreciate this information. I LOVE THE MUPPETS
1- Thog has no speaking lines
2- celebrities are ALL OVER this film. Cameos feel more of a "I'm happy to be in a muppets movie" kind of thing rather than a "hey look, we have celebrities and we're going to show them off" - if that makes sense. I think the celeb power is nicely used.
3- yes.

BTW, I did not see the screening, but I am very familiar with the movie.

To the OP, what you saw is pretty darn close to the final, but rumour has it, an additional song will be added and the ending will be tweaked in an attempt to clarify/help the rushed feel.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Question only for hiho2themuppets:

Okay, i guess this is the biggest non-plot related spoiler question of all, but i gotta ask it. Do any of the Fraggles or Sesame Street characters make cameos in the film? i know it's unlikely, but it is possible with the recent relationship with Disney and Henson.