"The Muppets" first preview screening

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen ANY Muppet related promo, advertising, merchandise, etc on the radar lately? Or is Disney waiting to September to start the push?
Danny from Tough Pigs just reported that the merch push starts 6 weeks before the film. That means October 12th. Or 11th, I guess for the books.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I do believe they'll do something special for the closing credits.
I remember a few years ago I had a dream where I saw the end credits and it was done like the end credits to The Simpsons Movie. I won't have a problem with credits like that.

I wonder how many of the minor characters with lines will be listed in the credits. I don't expect any silent characters to be acknowledged in the credits, no matter how well-known they are. After all, the end credits for Muppets From Space didn't list who performed Scooter, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, or The Swedish Chef (I feel the credits should have said "Adam Hunt as Scooter", as opposed to lumping Hunt in the "Additional Muppet Performers" list, as that seemed to be his only role in the film, and also because I think I've read that Adam Hunt only performed the voice).

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
What would you say the core characters are that get the most screentime?
Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Animal, Bunsen, Beaker, Sam, Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Zoot, Sweetums, Statler, Waldorf, Pepe, Rizzo, Crazy Harry, Robin, Lew...
I would put them in order of screentime.. Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Animal, Miss Piggy, Rowlf, Bunsen, Beaker, Floyd, Dr.Teeth, Sweetums, Sam, Zoot, Lew, Crazy Harry, Statler, Waldorf, Pepe, Janice.
my one and only question because i think people answered all my others and i didn't see this one asked. ;-)

Is Bean Bunny or Emily Bear in the movie?
I hoped, but no Bean Bunny or Emily Bear that I saw.

Are any recurring sketches from The Muppet Show represented with any new sketches in the movie?
No.. There are nods to them, but they weren't performed.
Does the Electric Mayhem perform one of new songs?
Not that I remember.. But you will hear them perform.

bknatchbull

Reaction score
Was wondering if there is any reference to Jim Henson at all in the movie. Did that banner we saw hanging in the finale make it in the final cut?

You said the reaction from all those watching was very positive. They usually will tell you how a movie scores during these test screenings. Did you find out where The Muppets placed? What was the age breakdown in the audience? Mostly adults/kids?

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Link and Strangepork didn't have any lines,
Aww... poor Linky baby. ;o; As a huge, huge rabid Link Hogthrob fangirl, hearing that really disappointed me. </3

Futhermore, I'm really psyched about the new movie. Cheers! :crazy:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Were there any other full-bodied Muppet characters in the film, besides Sweetums, Thog and the Mutations?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------------
Okay, first, THANK YOU to hiho2theMuppets and everyone else with real info posting here! You're doing swell on not spoiling things but still addressing people's concerns! Thank you very much for that!

A really, really minor question, I know: if the scene with Billy Crystal and Ricky Gervais, and the scene in jail, were both cut, does the Newsman have any screen time? If so, does he get at least a line? :news:
--------------------------------------

outerelf

Reaction score
Oh yes, lots of minor Muppet characters got their own lines.

..Meh. It's what you would expect Bobo and Deadly to be, but overall the "villains" seemed underplayed.
Thanks for the information! Sorry that this was so late, but I've been kind of floating and stupidly thought I has already thanked you until I looked back and realized I hadn't.

And once again I'm going to have to ask (it doesn't have to be deep, just yes or no) did it show the Muppets leaving?

SeanC

Reaction score
Heh... this is the kind of thread you sort of don't want to read for fear of spoilers but just can't help it in the end :smile:

It all sounds great and I'm seriously looking forward to it... just a pity I'm one of those 'not going to see it until Feb 2012' people. To make matters worse, I'm actually going to be in the US for a few days in late November... but leave two days before the movie is released to theaters! Aaaarrgghhh....

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
Was wondering if there is any reference to Jim Henson at all in the movie. Did that banner we saw hanging in the finale make it in the final cut?
I'm not sure which banner you're talking about, but you do see pictures of Jim Henson among other Muppet pictures. He was never actually mentioned, however.
You said the reaction from all those watching was very positive. They usually will tell you how a movie scores during these test screenings. Did you find out where The Muppets placed? What was the age breakdown in the audience? Mostly adults/kids?
I don't remember ever going to a preview screening that tells you how the movie scored. After the movie is over the whole audience is given surveys to fill out that are processed elsewhere.
I saw all ages in the audience.
Were there any other full-bodied Muppet characters in the film, besides Sweetums, Thog and the Mutations?
That's all I really remember in the full-bodied Muppet category. But they all get some good screentime.
And once again I'm going to have to ask (it doesn't have to be deep, just yes or no) did it show the Muppets leaving?
You mean breaking up initially? Then no.
I love the old school, vaudeville feel..
You're going to be very happy.