"The Muppets" DVD Release?

zns

Reaction score
With all of us getting hyped up about the release of the new feature film on Thanksgiving, I have already started thinking about this. When do you suppose the film will be released on DVD? Just curious. :wink:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i was thinking about 6 monthes about til a movie comes on dvd so maybe march

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
depends on the marketing they want to do...DVDS have a strange release style and once you notice it it makes sense grated this is not 100 % accurate but its something that was told to me

the "Bad" movies: come out much faster to home video, youll notice at times they are out almost as soon as they are out of theaters...example is Norbit it was out month after it left theaters

the "Good" movies or movies that did really well: usually take about 6 months to release, however depending company and distributors, sometimes the movie is held off till a chirstmas or other special holiday release

now these include major releases not DTV movies or Seasons or Indie Films

as for The Muppets DVD ive already decided this will be my first Blu Ray buy..i know disney does the DVD/Blu Ray Special Edition combos so im picking that up

beaker

Reaction score
I've seen even really big BO smash films come to the home market relatively quickly...especially if they came out a few months before Christmas. March is when a lot of dvds get released if they were released to generate Oscar buzz in December.

Sadly, since Star Trek in 2009 the trend has been to put no special features on dvd and all of them on the blu ray version(which is lame) See Tron Legacy dvd

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I've seen even really big BO smash films come to the home market relatively quickly...especially if they came out a few months before Christmas. March is when a lot of dvds get released if they were released to generate Oscar buzz in December.
exactly it all depends on the studios and companies behind the movies and when they think the DVD will make its most money

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Sadly, since Star Trek in 2009 the trend has been to put no special features on dvd and all of them on the blu ray version(which is lame) See Tron Legacy dvd
Boy isn't that the truth, sadly, not only do some DVDs not even get bonus features, some don't even get any art on the DVD itself, making it look like you almost bought a bootleg or something. Disney, sadly, has been really bad about this for some of their releases.

I don't own a blu-ray, but I actually do have a blu-ray collection going, since most of them have both the DVD and blu-ray now anyway, it's only like a few bucks extra for the blu-ray/DVD combo, so I figure why not? Just picked up the Dumbo one yesterday, the DVD did have some bonus features, but the Blu-Ray had a lot more, plus again no art work on the DVD itself. So yeah, I'm guessing the Muppets bonus features will be featured a lot more on the blu-ray, but I'm sure it will be in a combo pack at least.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
depends on the marketing they want to do...DVDS have a strange release style and once you notice it it makes sense grated this is not 100 % accurate but its something that was told to me

the "Bad" movies: come out much faster to home video, youll notice at times they are out almost as soon as they are out of theaters...example is Norbit it was out month after it left theaters

the "Good" movies or movies that did really well: usually take about 6 months to release, however depending company and distributors, sometimes the movie is held off till a chirstmas or other special holiday release
I've discovered the usual time between a film's theatrical and DVD releases (At least for Disney, not sure about the other studios) is seventeen weeks (four months, give or take a day). So, rickety grip of mathematics aside, muppetlover123 is right. The DVD release should be around the end of March.

And if they release a Combo Pack with a Digital Copy, that's the one I'm going to be getting! :electric: