The Muppets cover Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Cee-Lo Green's 'Forget About You"

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
The Article

Article #2

That's right-- The Muppet Barbershop Quartet (Sam Eagle, Rowlf, Link Hogthrob, and Beaker), from "The Muppets" second official trailer will cover Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit." And by Gonzo's favorite group Camilla and the Chickens: Cee-Lo Green's "Forget About You" for the upcoming movie soundtrack.

Barbershop, and alternative rock music combined...? Sounds interesting... O.O

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
My favorite thing about this is that, even though on the soundtrack it's listed as "Forget You," they'll just be clucking. Which means technically it could be, ahem, "Cluck You." It's the kind of joke they'd have done on The Muppet Show. :big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Also Pepe and Seymour's "Elephino" joke, which I still think is hilarious, especially that the audience didn't get it.
That has always been my favorite Pepe moment and one of my favorite Muppets Tonight moments.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uh.. I was kinda mentioning musical numbers... but yeah. That works too.

This film seems to be a nice mix of classic and new style.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Uh.. I was kinda mentioning musical numbers... but yeah. That works too.
Oh I know. I just meant that the joke also fits into the category of stuff that kids aren't really gonna get, like, say, the "Once in a Lifetime" video, but they're gonna enjoy anyway because they're so well-presented.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh I know. I just meant that the joke also fits into the category of stuff that kids aren't really gonna get, like, say, the "Once in a Lifetime" video, but they're gonna enjoy anyway because they're so well-presented.
I was a talking heads fan when I was a kid in the 80's, tho admittedly I was already 18 when Muppets Tonight first aired. They also spoofed Devo, Nine Inch Nails, Sex Pistols, etc on that show. Not to mention the REM/Sesame Monsters duo. Heck I think House of Mouse in the 90's even spoofed Kraftwerk. Now all we'll probably see is Montana, Bieber, Gaga and Perry spoofs.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Except that we're getting a Nirvana cover in the movie. A BARBERSHOP QUARTET cover, no less!