The Muppets @ Comic Con 2002!

PopoverFroggy

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got back from Comic Con in San Diego (whoosh! 100,000
or so folks in an orgy of popular culture).

I'm pleased to say that the Muppets received a lot of positive response. Pallisades had a booth set up showing not only the current lline of toys but Series two and three as well as the prototypes on their website. They had a kiosk playing all sorts of Muppet clips (including the Weezer video). It always had a decent-sized collection of people watching it. I also overheard many people saying "ooooh! The Muppets!" as they walked by.
Yayy!

I also saw the busts up close. Beautiful! Would love to own each of them.

Pallisades also had a limited edition "Invisible Fozzie" available ($15) which I don't think is available anywhere else. And also $5 mini-lunchboxes. The Fozzie didn't look like it sold out but they sure did sell a lot of them. They were also selling "Beaker with the Muppet Labs" (which also sold well I think). Meanwhile, I saw an "Invisible Beaker" (only available at a convention in Chicago) going for $100 at a booth! Wow!

- PopoverFroggy

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I just got back from Comic Con in San Diego (whoosh! 100,000
or so folks in an orgy of popular culture).

I'm pleased to say that the Muppets received a lot of positive response. Pallisades had a booth set up showing not only the current lline of toys but Series two and three as well as the prototypes on their website. They had a kiosk playing all sorts of Muppet clips (including the Weezer video). It always had a decent-sized collection of people watching it. I also overheard many people saying "ooooh! The Muppets!" as they walked by.
Yayy!

I also saw the busts up close. Beautiful! Would love to own each of them<<<

OOh! You lucky, I so wanted to go to that! good to hear Palisades made the Muppets thei rmain sttraction and got a good ovation. Btw, did you attend the Kermit's Swamp Years panel? Any top secret info or Muppetfest elaborations?

Anyways, welcome aboard to MC...and good to see more Northern Califronia MC members!(I thought just me, Jamie, and KPrell were from the area!)