The Muppets at Walt Disney World

petrieboy

Reaction score
When the Muppets joined Disney in the 80s, they had a TV special where they visited Disney World. I don't remember everything, though I remember Kermit acting on the Indiana Jones stage at the end. I loved this special and taped it, accidentally taped over it, and never saw it again.
I remember there was a part where Gonzo went into a Disney World laundromat with Camilla and sang a song "Love in a laundromat, who would have thought of that, tossin and turnin if you know what I mean" I think thats how it went- I've remembered the tune since the first time I saw it. I wish that this song had ended up on the new cd collection :frown:
Anyone have this? Couldn't they release this special as bonus material on a Muppet dvd?

ChellisPal

Reaction score
I have that special and many others, email me and we can work something out. It is a AWESOME special!

beaker

Reaction score
You just brought up what is arguably one of THEE best Muppet specials ever. Muppets @ WDW is my fave special(right under Muppet Family Xmas) It is so great seeing the Muppets in *actual* enviroments with regular spectators. The humour is sharp, Beauregard and Camilla have starring roles, and that scene with Beaker, Bunsen and Swedish Chef selling tacos is too much!

We even get more Muppets/Star Wars stuff(Piggy and Beau in front of a 90 foot AT-AT, and them on star tours)
...and, we even get a FR cameo, with Sprocket! There is also one of my fave newer Electric Mayhem songs on there, Rockin Round the World. Definately one of the last great Muppet specials of the late 80's! So...regardless of your thoughts on the big Diz, this is one of those rare gems where JHC and Disney really make something great.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I'd love it too!! I've figured out that I was too young to appreciate anything when all the really good muppet stuff was out!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I'd love it too!! I've figured out that I was too young to appreciate anything when all the really good muppet stuff was out!<<<

aw, never fret! Thanx to the wonderful world of sony/columbia and tape trading what was missed can be found! From the heyday of Muppetdom(late 80's) I would suggest getting ahold of
muppet family xmas, muppets@wdw, and episodes of jim henson hour. That by far is my favorite Muppet era.

aw, the endless glory of the late 80's!