The Muppets aren't for your consideration apparently...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
http://www.disneystudiosawards.com/

So today I just found Disney's "For Your Consideration" page for the 2012 Oscars. All the movies you'd expect Disney to try to get nominations for are there. Cars 2 (seriously?), Gnomeo and Juliet (I completely forgot that movie!), the short that will be before Brave this summer, Pirates 4, Winnie the Pooh as well as The Help and War Horse. What's missing? The Muppets of course! Maybe it's because the movie hasn't come out yet, but I find it disappointing that Disney isn't trying any Oscar push with this movie from what it seems. I wouldn't expect to get a Best Picture nominee as much as we'd all love that, I'm sure that it would be able to get some nominations in the music categories. Take this as just a wait and see but this is a bit discouraging. :attitude:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, it's not that discouraging. For years I've observed that the only movies that get real consideration for the Oscars is anything (and I mean anything) that gets released within a window that spans from September to early December at the best previous to the next year's Academy Awardsalong with whatever movie was the proven box office champ across the board for a given year, like when Return of the King won everything or Deathly Hallows Pt 2 this year. So as much hype as there as for The Muppets now, this doesn't really surprise me.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
...It has the Muppets there now... AWKWARD.
LOL. It's really not that bad, I was just a bit surprised considering the massive positive critical reception so far that Disney wasn't trying to shoot for any Oscar noms, but now that obviously was false.