The Muppets and YouTube.com

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I think the funniest part of the Gonzo/Scooter thing was them not believing in dancing turtles, LOL.

Frogster

Reaction score
Youtube Request

Hey guys, could someone put up that part from Muppets Take Manhattan where Kermit gets hit by the car, winds up in the hospital, and first meets the other frogs from the ad agency?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Any particular reason why you need this Youtubed when Muppets Take Manhattan is available on dvd and not exactly hard to find - if you don't already have one already in your home? I mean finding a second hand or cheap copy can't be that hard.

Youtube is great but shouldn't be used as a crutch for what basically comes down to a form of "socially acceptable piracy". Different companies take different approaches to having their property put up when that same product is available officially to purchase. Just because Disney, Henson, and SW have largely been hands-off doesn't mean it's right.

I don't want to seem like i'm on some grand soapbox - heck i'm heavily into tape trades myself - but i (and most major tape traders) draw a line between stuff that's rare or hard to find that's not been officially released on video and stuff that can be bought - the sales of which SUPPORTS THE COMPANY AND GIVES THEM THE FUNDS TO DO MORE STUFF. Just because Youtube has this "everyone does it" vibe and has become as large and commonplace as things like ebay, amazon, and google doesn't mean that "anything goes". The point here is if someone wants a video of something that has been OFFICIALLY RELEASED and hasn't since become rare or unattainable, they should put their money where their mouth is and buy the product instead of having someone Youtube it, tape trade it, Hulu it, Myspace it or any other way of copying a video that can very easily (and ethically should) be legally purchased.

Frogster

Reaction score
I'm only asking for a couple clips from the movie, prolly not more than 7 minutes worth. If youtube has a problem with clips of movies on their site then half of youtube's stuff would be deleted. The reason I'm asking for it is for my older sister. Plus, I live two hours away from ALL my Muppet merchandise.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Just because Disney, Henson, and SW have largely been hands-off doesn't mean it's right.
RANT

It depends. My Dinosaurs clips haven't really been touched, but apparently the French had issues with Labyrinth music on one of my Pokemon vids and Lionsgate seems to act as though just having one native sound effect from FR is against "fair use".

END RANT

Frogster

Reaction score
How about just the part where Kermit's in the hospital? It's a funny scene in itself. If someone could make a clip for me let me know