The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Breaking news from Entertainment On-line... Let us know your thoughts and what you hope to see on this new holiday special.

Lady Gaga and the Muppets Team Up for Holiday TV Special

Courtesy: Richard Harbaugh; XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM

Lady Gaga is teaming up with the Muppets again!

I can exclusively reveal that the "Applause" superstar and the famous puppets recently shot a television holiday special together for ABC.

Details are being kept under wraps (and we certainly wouldn't want to spoil any of the surprises for you!), but I'm told the colorful production took place in Los Angeles.

Gaga has a long history with the Muppets. Kermit the Frog was her date to the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards and Jim Henson's Creature Shop created pieces for her The Monster Ball tour in 2010.
PHOTOS: Celebrities celebate Christmas

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

She also once wore an outfit made from plush Kermit toys on German television as a statement against fur.

Gaga was reportedly going to make her movie debut in the The Muppets movie with Jason Segel and Amy Adams in 2011. However, her cameo didn't make it in because the original cut of the film was too long.

The Gaga-Muppets collaboration will be the singer's second holiday-themed special for ABC. In 2011, she hosted (and directed!) A Very Gaga Thanksgiving. Guests included Katie Couric, Art Smith and Tony Bennett.

In addition to many of her hits, Gaga also performed "White Christmas" and Nat King Cole's "Orange Colored Sky." Filming took place at her childhood school, Convent of the Sacred Heart in New York City.

http://www.eonline.com/news/470180/...m_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

If you're excited about this new Muppet Christmas special, please "like" this post.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
This could mean either:
  1. Lada Gaga doing a holiday special The Muppets are guests on
  2. A Muppets special with Lady Gaga
If it's the former, fine; that's how a lot of Muppet appearances seem to be. If the latter, I'm hoping it's a Christmas, variety-show type special.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow I am surprised we are just now hearing about this.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sits, waiting to hear someone whine about how she's the "flavor of the month" like the Muppets have only worked with celebrities with timeless appeal.

You know... like Marisa Benson, Jaye P. Morgan and Shields and Yarnell.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I hope it's a full-on Muppets special, but either way, I'll be happy. Can't wait for some teaser footage to be released.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm.

Is this going to be like that Christmas special CeeLo Green did last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.