The Muppets Ad Libbing?

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I do improv comedy and I want to show my troupe some clips where the Muppets seem to be ad libbing in order to cover a goof.

Here are some things that pop to mind:

Gonzo's character-defining "Nice legs, though!"

Rowlf and Fozzie: "Can you play hatless?" "I don't know. Who wrote it?"

Miss Piggy (after Foo-Foo scratches her ear): "Very good! Now for her third trick!"

Or Fozzie's reaction when the pie hits Candace Bergen, etc.

Please list as many other suspected non-scripted hilarity examples as you can!

Thanks!

Alex

David French

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I do improv comedy and I want to show my troupe some clips where the Muppets seem to be ad libbing in order to cover a goof.

Here are some things that pop to mind:

Gonzo's character-defining "Nice legs, though!"

Rowlf and Fozzie: "Can you play hatless?" "I don't know. Who wrote it?"

Miss Piggy (after Foo-Foo scratches her ear): "Very good! Now for her third trick!"

Or Fozzie's reaction when the pie hits Candace Bergen, etc.

Please list as many other suspected non-scripted hilarity examples as you can!

Thanks!

Alex
While the first and last examples are ad-libs, only the last was one that covered a goof.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Watch just about any Ernie and Bert sketch during the time Jim was still with us: most of, if not all of those skits, are largely ad-libbed; as a matter of fact, one sketch involving them and a fish tank was COMPLETELY improvised, and unscripted... just Jim and Frank playing off of each other as their SST counterparts.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Watch just about any Ernie and Bert sketch during the time Jim was still with us: most of, if not all of those skits, are largely ad-libbed; as a matter of fact, one sketch involving them and a fish tank was COMPLETELY improvised, and unscripted... just Jim and Frank playing off of each other as their SST counterparts.
I'm not the SS fan in my family (for more info, contact bingboingcutie), but I still think it's incredible how Ernie and Bert work together. And there was a sketch that was 100% improv? Wow, that's impressive!:big_grin: