The Muppets 2011 Script

Reaction score
Only copy I have is the first draft of the script, back when the title was The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time

muppetlover123

Reaction score
you do can u scan it? or make a copy and mail it? or type it here

kyunkyua

Reaction score
Wow, that felt...mediocre. If this was the script Frank saw, I can see why he didn't like it. Well, thank goodness for revision!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Wow, that felt...mediocre. If this was the script Frank saw, I can see why he didn't like it. Well, thank goodness for revision!
I was about to say the same thing.

So, the main conflict that broke up the Muppets was...a bunch of stupid misunderstandings. It was like the whole breakup was shoved in for the sake of drama as opposed to actually being important to the story.

Borples

Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing this. It's fascinating. I'm to the part when they're returning to LA after getting Piggy. My biggest problem with the movie was that I have a hard time swallowing the Muppets being broken up for any length of time. Reading this, with actual animosity in the group and fighting that continues after they get back together? Uch. Sort of gave me unpleasant cold chills.

I think there's a thread on here somewhere called 'The movie could have been so much better,' or something similar. This script could start one called 'The movie could have been so much worse'! I'm so glad that everyone came together to make a really GOOD movie out of this.

That said, there are a couple of gags that didn't make it to the movie that would have been cute/funny.

EDIT: Heyyyyyyy. Rizzo had a LINE in this script! :grr:

Aaron

Reaction score
Looks the same as most first drafts. The basic structure is there but it needed polish. Which it ultimately received. :smile:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
It's saying that this download will be harmful to my computer. Is this true?