The MuppetCast - Show #51 - A broken computer

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is, my normal recording computer was on the fritz this weekend, suffering from severe memory problems (so severe that it couldn't remember how to work), so I had to pull out the old tower computer that I used to record on just to get anything recorded this week.

But I think it all turned out okay, given the circumstances. No history, news, or email, but I did just happen to have the source audio for MuppetVision 3D laying around, including the preshow and the main feature. So enjoy!

The GOOD news is, I spent the weekend building a new computer, and it's now up and running, and ready to be used for its maiden voyage, show #52! A great show to start it out on, to be sure. It's just as fast and capable as the laptop I'd been using, so I'm excited to see how it performs next week. I did some test runs with it on Sunday (since the already-recorded show was up and on the web by that point) and it seemed to come through beautifully.

So what'd you think of the MuppetVision audio? Make you wanna go to Disney and see it for yourself again?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Steve... Sorry to hear you've got computer problems too. Sounds like you've gotten yours fixed though. When I get my home computer back online I'll definitely send you a good email for the anniversary show this weekend. Rully cool to listen to Muppet*Vision 3-D... Got some new characters to add... Will check da Wiki for the name of the piano tuner and the workmen's boss. Also, did you catch the penguins'names?

And a question I have... Is the other Muppets attraction in WDW, Here Come the Muppets no longer featured? Shame rully, I have good memories of that and the Muppet merchandise shop right next to it from back in 1991. At any rate, thanks for the podcast and take care buddy.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi Count! Yes, I'm happy to say that my computer problems are all resolved now. Glad you liked this show, such as it was :smile:

I'm not sure that the piano tuner and the foreman (the workmen's boss) actually had names. They might, though. I don't think the penguins have names either, but if you find out let me know!

The show you're thinking of is Here Come The Muppets, and sadly it's no longer an active show in the MGM Studios (which are now called Disney's Hollywood Studios). I played the complete source audio from that show back in August 2007, during the weekend in which I was in Canada for Puppets Up. There's a really excellent YouTube video of it online too (watch it here).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. Heard Fozzie call for Elmer, Estelle, Eugene, and a fourth one I didn't hear quite well, it's when Scooter comes in saying the penguins will mess up the orchestra and Fozzie says they "are" the orchestra.
Yep, I remember that short show too... But that runthrough was missing something I hoped the MUP3 masters here could help with, the pre-show version of "I'd Never Harm An Onion". Oh well, here's to a grand anniversary this coming weekend.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Ah, the elusive Here Come The Muppets preshow! Sadly I know of NOBODY who owns a copy of it. Believe it or not, it might be lost to the ages. I also forgot about the part in the MV3D preshow where Fozzie calls out a few penguins by name. Veeeery interesting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Loved this week show, it kind of reminded me of how some of the late night talk shows where durring the writers strike.

You could tell that this was one of Jim & Richard's last movies because the way there voices sounded. Scooter sounded really off to me in this, and Kermit did a little to.

You coulod also tell that the pre show had only Frank and Dave and i think Richard I think that may have been done after Jim's death.

All in all I love how you pulled a rabbit out of the hat on this weeks show, and I can't wait to hear show Number 52!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I enjoyed this show. Though I will admit, I almost decided not to listen to this just because I knew it would make me want to go to Disney World again. And I do.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
The show was okay....But i sent you an email, conserning Miss Piggy. I wonder if you got it?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Wow, I love these comments! Dwayne, the first part of your post made me truly laugh out loud. And you're right..."Hey ladies and gentlement, we've got almost nothing to work with tonight, so um...here's THIS!" You may also be right about the preshow, although I'd have to ask one of the performers to truly see if it was shot after Jim had departed. I didn't detect his voice anywhere in that piece, so I'm not sure there.

Baby Gonzo, you know you wanna go! Take the plunge, book the trip! Might I suggest an October timeframe, lol?

Muppet Loverr, I'm still looking for your email concerning Miss Piggy. I haven't sorted thru all of it in a day or so (which for me is rare). PM me and tell me your email address so I'll know exactly which one to look for!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Baby Gonzo, you know you wanna go! Take the plunge, book the trip! Might I suggest an October timeframe, lol?

I would love to go in October, considering that I hear it isn't so crowded and the heat isn't as intense, but alas, I suffer from "poor college student syndrome". :wink: It doesn't look like I'll be able to go any time soon.