The MuppetCast - Show #49 - Frogs and Mice

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi-ho everyone, and welcome again to The MuppetCast! This week we find some great little nuggets of joy in Muppet History, we find a great reason to celebrate in Muppet News, and there's even other stuff too!

I JUST realized that there were two songs I should have played in the podcast that I completely forgot about. The new They Might Be Giants song "7" from "Here Come the 123's" (the square root of 49), and "Bein' Green". Man, what was I thinking?

But hey, it's still a great show, and I found some cool "Irish" stuff to include (and yes, of course Danny Boy is in there).

There's a ton of great news, links, and photos from the show this week over at the main site, muppetcast.com. Go check 'em out.

The MuppetCast is, as always, sponsored by Bell, Book & Comic. Do me a favor, email Peter & Betsey over there at bellbookcomic@sbcglobal.net, and thank them for continuing to sponsor the show. They're really just the best!

I'm very pleased to welcome friends of the show Eric and Dan from Mouse Guest Weekly to talk with us about what they've been up to lately. The things they are now doing are the consequence of doing a really, really good show for a couple of years. I'm taking notes, believe me.

As always, let me know what you think of the show! Questions/Comments can be emailed to me@muppetcast.com, or called into the voice line at 614-364-4270. And of course, we're all here on the forum anyway, so let's chat here too!

Have a good one.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Not sure why the main page still hasn't updated to reflect the uploading of Episode 49. Will try the link in your post above.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
My browsers here all reflect the new show when I load muppetcast.com. Give it a few minutes, or try hitting Refresh on your browser window. That might do it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably is by now. Will listen again later in the week and post some thoughts. Take care buddy.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey Steve great show as always, and thanks for doing such a great job. I was thinking about the e mail you read about trying to get an interview with the head of Muppets Holding Company. I think the best thing would be just call disney and ask to speak with her. You will more then likely get her secretry or asstent but it is worth a try.
If she does not want to have her voice of a podcast, then may i throw this idea out? Me and Greg (From the Muppet News flash) have done e mail interviews with several Muppet people, and it is in a more relaxed setting because they do it when they have time. If she would rather do that then let me know and we (Me and you and Greg) could type up an Interview and send it her way. We would post it on the Muppet News flash, and we could read it on the podcast. One of us (you) would read the questions and then someone else (me or Greg) could read out the answers. Thats just an idea I thought i would throw out there. If that worked we could do it with the other interviews we have done.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
That is a great idea, Dwayne! I'll let you know what comes out of it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Cool do you have a phone number to call? if not I'm sure we can find one for you.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ha ha no no i was talking about for the Muppet holding gal lol I got the hotline number inplanted in my brain or something.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I now really want to go to Disney World and go on one of those backstage tours! My family seems to go soo often (Once a year, lately) that it seems like we've seen everything. (It's impossible to see EVERYTHING, but you know what I mean) It just seems like those tours would be a different, interesting experience.