1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The MuppetCast - Show #45 - The MC Forum Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by stephenjlizard, Feb 17, 2008.

1. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Aww! Well, things were pretty crazy/busy so I can't blame you. But thank you, Count. **Big hugs** I feel better now!
  2. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Hey Steve!
    Just wanted to congratulate you on such a wonderful performance that you, Ed & Ryan all put together-it was truly an extraordinary assembly of talent and Muppety dedication. :)

Hey guys, I'd love to help ya out for next year's awards ceremony as well! I could help in any way or form; I enjoyed the award-making so much this year too, so if you guys need more help with the Awards, I'll be there (and with better graphical assistance given that PhotoShop is working). ;)

AM
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Well thank you very, very much Bry! I think I might agree with you there.

And Nick, you're of course more than welcome to come back next year.
  4. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Alright Ry, I know this might seem like I'm riding the bandwagon, but go ahead and put my name down as well! I don't know what I could do. I don't do muppet voices, I can't make the awards or do any other artwork, and I don't have any fancy recording software or anything, but I'll do whatever I can!
    :D
    :D
    :)
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I agree, your Cookie was immence. And your Floyd.

Most importatly though, they were all in character!
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Ryan, just got done listening to the full Muppetcast, i loved all the impressions - but my oh my, Cookie Monster, Miss Piggy and Floyd were immense. Also, I always expected Ed to sound like some hispanic chambermaid because i had no idea what a Puerto Rican sounded like, either that or some Transylvanian mad professor, but no, he's real, and yes he's got a cool Ernie accent! It's great to hear you all.
  7. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

:O I-I feel so left out in assisting the award ceremony for next year. X)

-Slinks into a corner and cries-
  8. BeakerSqueedom

Hah, notice I was the only girl in this whole event in helping out with awards. x)

I feel like Piggy, dude. :confused:
    Or Hermione.

Shutting up. xP
  9. eleneezdad

eleneezdad New Member

Made me join

So I finally joined the MC Forums in preparation for listening to the awards show. It at least meant that I'd seen a few of the recipients' names. I trust that you were all very deserving.

Nice job with a complicated premise.

Seth in Kansas
  10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You know... That's the first time I've heard my voice refered to as having an Ernie accent quality to it. But I do a good enough imitation of Jim's Ernie... Been watching too many J-Lo movies there Luke? And Clauds, you did help immensely, so no tears.
  11. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Honestly, the Hispanic chambermaid comment did crack me up! Sorry Ed!
    :smirk: Although, I did think you would have more of an accent; picked up a slight one after listening for a bit though.
    Hmmm, I never thought of you as sounding like Ernie, but maybe I missed something.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

I thought Beauregard mentioned at the start of the thread that he thought Ed had an Ernie / Kermit tone to his voice. That's what made me think about it when i was listening - i imagine if he's got a similar pitch he would make a good impressionist.

And Jlo Movies? You know me too well Count, lol. I listened again to this Muppetcast because it was just so cool - the format was great, and the choice of some musical numbers well thought out.
  13. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I didn't realise that there was an awards thread (and I have voted in awards threads in the past). It's a shame that I didn't vote (or win anything.... But I guess I deserve not to win). But during a few of the awards, I correctly preditced who was going to be announced the winner (I correctly guessed that Frogboy would win "most missed meber" award, and I correctly guessed that Bear would win the "most knowledgable Sesame Street fan" award... I figured it'd either be him or me).

Whoever did the Cookie Monster impression did a good job at having him sound like David Rudman's Cookie Monster. At first I thought existing audio footage was sued for Cookie Monster's lines.
  14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

HAHAH! I am in the EXACT same boat. I had no idea what he sounded like but I did think he talked like Ernie! That's HILARIOUS, you got it exactly right. :D

I've listened to about half, then my iPod sort of died (not sure what is wrong with it but it's not the battery) but what I heard was really great! Thanks guys!

p.s. FAT BLUE AND GROVER GAVE ME AN AWARD. :super: I love you, Prawnie!
  15. BeakerSqueedom

x) So flattering was this whole event.
    I offer my assistance to making a good portion of the awards for the next event. <3