The MuppetCast - Show #101 - Tales of the Tinkerdee

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I guess you could call this week's episode "MuppetCast Radio Theater" (I mistakenly used the term "improvised radio theater" in the show, when really nothing is being improvised). Tales of the Tinkerdee is one of those old pieces that, if you're one of those folks that really "get" Jim Henson's sense of humor, you'll really love. It served as a pilot for a series that, if I may pose a guess, ultimately became something different from Henson's original intent. From this work came Hey Cinderella, The Frog Prince (with Heather Henson making a cameo as the baby prince), and the like.

As you might guess I didn't have a lot of time to put the show together this week. A few things popped up that took priority, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Next week brings another installment of the Jim Henson Hour series, so I hope you enjoy that too!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Also, I could use a quality audio copy of Song of the Cloud Forest. I have it on my DVD but the sound leaves much to be desired. Count, thx for everything you've sent so far :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What is that song from? Show how inggnorent I am

Loved this weeks show me and my wife listened to it Sunday night, then we watched tails of Tinkerde on Monday night. My wife thought the story was "cute" and Kermit's part in it was also "cute". I love how Jim has his hands and feet in this one, and I alo love seeing the King he was always one of my favs.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Actually it's a good question. "Song of the Cloud Forest" is a half-hour piece done as a second half of a Jim Henson Hour, and later aired on Odyssey on its own. It's a neat little production, but my audio of it needs a lot of work to make it presentable.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was a good podcast episode. I'm looking forward to what you say about the next JHH episode. I've watched all the MuppeTelevision epsidoes on youtube, and Health and Fitness is one of the best episodes, in part because it heavily features a lot of classic characters who weren't on the show much.

Song of the Cloudforrest is a good special as well. It was recently removed from youtube (the first half of The Jim Henson Hour is still available there).