The MuppetCast 2nd Anniversary This Weekend!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just a pre-show thank you to everyone on Muppet Central for your incredible support of the podcast these past two years. If you weren't aware, this weekend marks the 2nd anniversary of the only podcast on the web dedicated to the work of Jim Henson and the Muppets. It has been an awesome ride.

One thing I set out to do when starting the podcast was to find new and interesting stories surrounding the Muppets and the various projects we've come to know and love over the years. From talking with other fans - and from research - I wanted to find exciting material to present in a medium that hadn't been explored in the Muppet realm. I never dreamed that I'd have the chance to talk with some of the very people responsible for all of those Muppet memories, much less talk to the people still creating it today. But The MuppetCast seems to have become the place where we not only discuss Muppet news, trivia, history, and so forth, but also to talk with writers, performers, producers, and the Muppets themselves on occasion.

So look at us, here we are, right where we belong, celebrating this 2nd anniversary. And helping us celebrate is one of those performers we could easily call a Muppet Legend: longtime Muppeteer Jerry Nelson. Mr Nelson was gracious enough to come on the show for an almost one-hour interview in which he talks about his extraordinary career as a Muppet performer, from his early beginnings to his current and continued work on projects like Sesame Street's 40th season. It's going to be a great time, and I can't wait for you to hear it! :smirk:

Along with Mr Nelson, I want to include YOUR VOICE in this special episode too! So please do me the honor of calling and leaving a voicemail to be played along with Jerry and myself, and you can personally be a part of The MuppetCast's 2nd Anniversary episode. The phone number to call and sound off is 614-364-4270.

Thanks again, and we'll see you real soon on THE MUPPETCAST!

matleo

Reaction score
Awesome news to hear! Can't wait for you to post it. Jerry is my favorite of the Muppet performers and I'd love to hear his insights into some of the great characters he's played over the years.

--Matt
:batty::sing::smirk:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wonderful so glad you got Jerry I know you have wanted to have him on the show for some time.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, he's also my favorite, so this will be great! I'll call in tomorrow fer sure!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The show has been posted and I'm downloading it right now! so hop on over and get a listen yourself.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That was a great podcast, and a great interview. It's interesting that, wehn discussing The Jim Henson Hour, Nelson kept talking about his on-screen roels but didn't talk about his character Beard, or give any comments on the MuppeTelevision half.

It's a shame that you two didn't discuss Herry Monster or Mr. Snuffleupagus, or any of the Muppet movies (or Follow That Bird). It's interesting that he said that, regarding Statler, Richard Hunt copied Nelson's performance, and then Nelson copied Hunt's. I don't think either of their Statler voices sounded similar in any way.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I found it very interesting he really enjoyed doing the Two movies dericted by Brian Henson.