The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmouth

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmouth
Whoopy!
Any word on when it will be released on Region 2?

I wonder if the episode were they all got glued together in the end is in this season? When I was a kid that scarred me...:eek:

Yes... That was the Gilda Radner episode, one of the first amongst Season 3's episodes.
Hope this helps
Thank you The Count. I´ve allways wondered. Now I'm even more exited!:crazy:

Still no word on Region 2?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Also, music rights are often different for TV broadcasts and DVD releases, and TV commercials are often broadcast.

I think I've read that the Helen Reddy episode features a brief scene where Animal and The Swedish Chef sing Happy Birthday. I hope that Disney has the money to include that song... (but it's not as important to me as other songs from this season).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I've read that the Helen Reddy episode features a brief scene where Animal and The Swedish Chef sing Happy Birthday. I hope that Disney has the money to include that song... (but it's not as important to me as other songs from this season).
I hope they could get that as well. Man, I hate the old biddies that own that song. You really should let it go, and let it slide into the public domain like it should be.

I've heard at the Toyfair thread some things were cut, but out of special features due to rights.

zns

Reaction score
I don't think that we really have to worry about any edits for this set like there were for the first season. Season 2 didn't have anything cut out, except the Elton John episode had that extra U.K. skit put in there :smirk: . Anyway if we try to keep a positive attitude about this next season, it'll all turn out okay for all of us. :wisdom:

matleo

Reaction score
hey gang,

I posted this in my toy fair trip thread but Drtooth asked me to post here as well. I ran into Craig Shemin at Toy Fair the other day. He was nice enough to stop and chat for a few minutes about a few things. He told me he's been brought in by the Diz to consult on the TMS dvds. He said he'd given them a list of things to put on and they were selecting pieces and working on them.

First the bad news....First off, "A frog is born" will not be on season 3. He said they had some problems with licensing that prevented it from happening, but he seemed optimistic that they might get it onto Season 4 or 5.

He also said they were REALLY close to getting the spot from "I love Liberty" but the production company that produced that backed out at the last second.

He said he was pushing Disney to put more of the promo spots on as well as the wake-up call the Pigs in Space had recorded for NASA, but right now it didn't look good. He DID however say that they got some great commercials lined up for Season 3 and people will be pleased. He also indicated Of muppets and Men would most likely be on Season 5 but of course that's WAY off right now and anything can happen.

Finally he mentioned a documentary he's working on about Henson's short films. He said they're working on the funding now and that it'll air on PBS when it's done. It didn't occur to me until later that I should have asked if that was related to the news about the biopic or what he knew about that.

I asked if he had seen either the MR stuff or the fraggle figurines. He said he had gone over to visit Travis and see their stuff but hadn't seen the Fraggle stuff yet. I told him where it was and he said he go check it out. And that was it, I was supposed to be working and he was off to do some other things and he we parted ways. I was very glad that he took the time to stop and talk though.

--Matleo

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, did he say that any of the musical numbers will be cut?

Drtooth

Reaction score
As matleo stated, he's a consultant for Disney for this Muppet release.

peyjenk

Reaction score
What exactly does he consult about? I'm sorry, but I don't really have much of an idea of how something like this is developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.