The Muppet Show Season 2: Thoughts

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The only season 2 threads I've seen are for the dvd box-set and not for the actual season. Anyways, I just finished watching the entire second season of TMS (after watching all of season 1, but there's already a thread for that). After watching my top 5 favorite episodes included...

1. John Cleese
  2. Peter Sellers
  3. Don Knotts
  4. Milton Berle
  5. Jaye P. Morgan
So share your thoughts on the season.

Eyeball

Reaction score
It's the best season of the show that I've seen (only seen the first 3) but I'm really not a fan of some of the guest stars on it like Judy Collins who's appearance I thought was a little bit boring and don knots who's type of humour I really don't find funny ect, But yeah all in all it was a much improvement on the first season which is still excellent in its own right but seems a bit disjointed now if you get what I mean.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Eh, 1st season was okay. But, however, when I think of season 2, I think of THE BEST SEASON OF TMS EVER!!!!!! The guest stars were incredible. My favorite episode of TMS is the Steve Martin one, which came from that season. The sketches were really good, and so were the songs. Anyhow, I really like that season!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well I've started watching season 3 a while back, in fact I'm almost done, so far I've seen episode 301 through the Leslie Uggams. While season 3 does have REALLY good episodes, I just don't think it can match season 2. Nevernthless, it does come really close, if I were to rate the two, then season 2 would get a 9.5/10 ans season 3 a 9/10, both are great, but season 2 is still a bit better in my opinion. I'd rate season 1 a 7.5/10, nowhere near the best of the muppet show, but overal still a great season.

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
TMS season 2 was very very good!I like all the seasons(apart from season 1,because Dr.Bunsen was alone in muppet-labs) .I especially like that they gave Dr.Bunsen Beaker as lab assistant.But I like season 3 and 4 a little bit more(because Beaker speaks then his ,,meep"language)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
TMS season 2 was very very good!I like all the seasons(apart from season 1,because Dr.Bunsen was alone in muppet-labs) .I especially like that they gave Dr.Bunsen Beaker as lab assistant.But I like season 3 and 4 a little bit more(because Beaker speaks then his ,,meep"language)
I wonder how his "meep language" ever came to be, even at the beginning of season 3 he's not too much of a meeper. :eek:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Oh, I never added my honorable mention

#6 HONORABLE MENTION: Zero Mostel