The Muppet Show Guide - Additions

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Phil + DW,
There was something that Joggy and I were talking about.

The Zoot segment at the end.

Joggy found four different kinds, Could these be added to The Muppet Show Guide section ?
With Screen Caps of them ?

See ya

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Warrick and Jogchem,

Please send me an e-mail with the four different endings and examples of episodes where each come from. The more info you can provide the better.

We'll check it out and include it in a future update of some kind.

Joggy

Reaction score
I found four different Zoot endings in my TMS episodes.

In my Dutch airings there are a few episodes that have a different Zoot ending - not the "Sax and Violence" clip. Warrick and I found out there are four different ones:

ITV AIRINGS:
- Blue Zoot, hatless, blows sax with ITV logo in front. (my Juliet Prowse episode)
- Blue Zoot WITH hat, blows sax with ITV logo in front. (my Phyllis George episode)

HIT! AIRINGS:
- Green Zoot, hatless, blows sax and HIT! bubble comes out. Zoot looks at bubble and into sax, amazed. (season 1/2 eps)
- Green Zoot, WITH hat, blows sax and HIT! bubble comes out. Zoot looks at bubble, amazed. (season 3/4/5 eps)

Warrick wanted screenshots of these.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Joggy,

Thanks for posting it !

Phil,
I think that it would be great if you could et Screen Shots of these and put them on the guide, Its something we rarely get to see now that the 'Sax and Violence' clip is put over it.

See ya

anathema

Reaction score
I've got a large number of season 2/3 episodes which end with a shot of a hatless blue Zoot in the pit blowing his sax, watched by Crazy Harry. This appears to have been lifted from the season 1 opening titles. I don't know whether this was an 'official' ending shot, as the eps I have all freeze-frame just as he blows the final note... There is no logo or copyright message present, although the original 'ATV' logo is still supered over the previous shot.
All these eps came off a recent set of German transmissions, channel unknown.

Other than that, the few off-airs I have on tape have the 'Sax & Violence' shot, and the commercial copies just have the current Henson logo.

I do recall having seen a variation on the 'Zoot blows logo out of his sax' shot, where the logo was the old 'ha!' one. Nickelodeon (UK) ran some eps with this attached about 8 years ago, but sadly I didn't keep the recordings.

If grabs of any of these would be useful, please email me :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just sent you a note Alex.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Alex,

Did you record 100 Greatest Kids TV Shows from BBC2 last Summer ?

Ifso there is an ending clip in there without any bubble, It is Zoot WITH Hat in the pit. But Harry is not in the scene.

I think it is quite a rare clip to see, Minus the bubble and it runs for around 4-5 seconds too.

See ya

anathema

Reaction score
No, didn't tape it. I thought it was on C4 though?

The real trick at the moment seems to be getting hold of the original opening titles for season 1. I've got all of them in video form, but I'm missing the soundtracks to a few :-(

anathema

Reaction score
Hi Phil,
Did the pictures I sent you arrive Ok?