The Muppet Show airs daily in Toronto starting September 1st

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I know this has been covered off in other threads, but just a reminder to everyone in Canada - The Muppet Show debuts on the Canadian Christian network CTS tomorrow night (Monday, September 1st 2003) at 7 p.m.

Check out the CTS Web site at www.ctstv.com for more information and to see if the channel is available in your area.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. Do you guys have any idea what episode is airing tomorrow? I'm curious if they will be airing in order or if it will be a random selection. It will be very interesting to see if the episodes are uncut with UK skits.

Animal03

Reaction score
I don't normally watch religious channels but in this instance I'll make an exception!

:halo:

dbarrie

Reaction score
I've got more info about the first set of episodes scheduled to air on CTS in the next week and a half. Looks like they'll be shown in the order they were originally broadcast, as opposed to going by the orig. production date. The Jim Nabors ep. was the 1st one to air (Sept. 27, 1976), even though the one w/ Juliet Prowse was filmed 1st. The Prowse ep. didn't get broadcast until the spring of '77; therefore, CTS probably won't show that orig. pilot until the week of Sept. 15 or 22.

dbarrie

Reaction score
CTS' TMS Schedule (Sept. 1-10, 2003)

Here's the CTS guide for TMS episodes (airing M-F, 7 PM ET):

Sept. 1 - Jim Nabors
2 - Sandy Duncan
3 - Rita Moreno
4 - Ruth Buzzi
5 - Joel Grey
8 - Paul Williams
9 - Lena Horne
10 - Peter Ustinov

dbarrie said:
I've got more info about the first set of episodes scheduled to air on CTS in the next week and a half. Looks like they'll be shown in the order they were originally broadcast, as opposed to going by the orig. production date. The Jim Nabors ep. was the 1st one to air (Sept. 27, 1976), even though the one w/ Juliet Prowse was filmed 1st. The Prowse ep. didn't get broadcast until the spring of '77; therefore, CTS probably won't show that orig. pilot until the week of Sept. 15 or 22.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
It will be very interesting to see if the episodes are uncut with UK skits.
I don't think they'll be doing that unfortunately. :cry: CTS is a commercial network and they run programs at the same length as most US channels. When any of the Muppet series (like Muppets Tonight) air on the non-commercial channels here like Treehouse and Family they have traditionally run the uncut UK versions.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those of you in Toronto, how was last night's episode? Was the Uk sketch included? Or by some miracle the original first season theme? Any other interesting edits or comments on the presentation of the show?

dbarrie

Reaction score
Here are the other two dates for TMS reruns for the show's first two weeks on CTS. :smile:

Sept. 11 - Florence Henderson
12 - Valerie Harper

dbarrie said:
Here's the CTS guide for TMS episodes (airing M-F, 7 PM ET):

Sept. 1 - Jim Nabors
2 - Sandy Duncan
3 - Rita Moreno
4 - Ruth Buzzi
5 - Joel Grey
8 - Paul Williams
9 - Lena Horne
10 - Peter Ustinov

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
For those of you in Toronto, how was last night's episode? Was the Uk sketch included? Or by some miracle the original first season theme? Any other interesting edits or comments on the presentation of the show?
Which sketch is the UK sketch? It seemed to be the same version of the Jim Nabors show I had seen before (the edited version) but I don't have it on DVD or VHS of the unedited show to compare it to something.