The (Muppet) Princess Bride

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, The Princess Bride is a very funny fairy tale-esque movie based upon the book of the same name by William Goldman.

For those of you who do know, STOP SHOUTING AT ME! I'm going to do this and you can't stop me! *Blows Raspberry*

The Players​

Westly...Kermit the Frog
Buttercup...Miss Piggy
Vizzini...Pepe
Fezzik...Sweetums
Inigo...The Great Gonzo
Humperdink...Link Hogthrob
Count Rugen...(Undecided)
Grandfather...Pops
Grandson...Robin
Miracle Max...Bunsen Honeydew
His assistant...Beaker​

The rolls I've forgotten will be filled as needed. Suggestions for the roll of Rugen would be appreciated.​

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Awesome idea for a story, I kind of want to make a Kermit and Westley custom figure now. I shall think on this.

Anyway:
I think Fozzie should be the albino.
And for Count Rugen, how about either Sam or Johnny Fiama, and instead of being the 6 fingered man, he could be the 5 fingered puppet.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
No, wait! I've got a better idea! CAST CHANGE!

Miracle Max...Fozzie Bear
The Albino...Bunsen (We here at Muppet Labs Florin, Nefarious Machines Division...)​

As for Rugen, I was thinking Sam might be a good fit, but I wasn't sure. Also, the five fingered puppet joke won't work, as Kermit also has five fingers.​

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Dude, I love The Princess Bride! It's an awesomely hilarious movie and a great book. (Which I may actually read one of these days. William Goldman also has a bit of a sequel to the book called "Buttercup's Baby" which is usually included in most printings of the book- though it's sort of an unfinished work.)
Sounds like good cast choices so far. Though I'm not sure if I see Pepe as Vizzini. I think I could see someone more like Sam:attitude: in that role.
I like GonzoLover85's call on Johnny Fiama for the role of Count Rugen. I could see that.
:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Here's a funny little Muppet connection to The Princess Bride I ran across on Wikipedia.

Reunion scene
In the novel's commentary, Goldman writes that he added nothing to the "original" Morgenstern text, although he comments that he did write one original scene, a loving reunion between Buttercup and Westley, but claimed that his publisher objected to this addition.[2] He invited any reader who wanted to read the "Reunion Scene" to write to the publisher (formerly Harcourt Brace Jovanovich; now Random House) and request a copy. Many readers wrote in to the publisher and did receive a letter, but instead of an extra scene, the letter detailed the (obviously fictitious) legal problems that Goldman and his publishers encountered with the Morgenstern estate and its lawyer, Kermit Shog. This letter was revised and updated periodically; the 1987 revision mentioned the movie, while the 25th Anniversary Edition publishes the letter with an addendum about Kermit's lawyer granddaughter Carly. The 30th Anniversary Edition has a footnote at this point saying that you can now find the three pages of the reunion scene online. However, if one goes to the website detailed in the footnote, all they receive via email is the text of the three letters.
:smile:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I can't see Sam as being crooked enough to be Vizzini. How 'bout this:

Westly...Kermit the Frog
Buttercup...Miss Piggy
Vizzini...Pepe
Fezzik...Sweetums
Inigo...The Great Gonzo
Humperdink...Link Hogthrob
Count Rugen...Johnny Fiama
The Albino...Sal
Grandfather...Pops
Grandson...Robin
Miracle Max...Fozzie Bear​

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The (Muppet) Princess Bride

From the story by S. Morgenstern
Abridged by William Goldman
Adapted for the Muppets by ZeppoAndFriends​

Prologue

Robin was home sick with a cold and sat on his bed happily playing a videogame that was state of the art about twenty-three years ago when his mother came in with a smile that said, “I’ve got a surprise you’re not going to like.”

“How are you feeling?” she asked as she turned off the TV set.

“Pretty good,” Robin replied.

“I’ve got a surprise for you.”

“That’s what your smile said,” Robin said, having heard the narration, “And it also said I wasn’t going to like it.”

“You’re grandfather’s here to see you.”

“I knew it.”

At that moment the door opened and Pops entered. He looked around, having a hard time seeing where he was through his perpetually pinched peepers.

“Where’s the little tyke?” Pops asked.

“Over here, grandpa,” Robin replied.

“Ah, yes,” Pops walked right past the bed and up to a teddy bear that sat on a shelf on the back wall. With a chuckle he gave it an affectionate pinch on the cheek and asked, “How’re you feeling?”

“I’ll leave you two alone,” mother said on her way out.

“I’m over here,” Robin said. Pops turned around and did a quick double take back at the teddy bear.

“So ya’ are,” he said with a smile. He pulled up a chair and sat down just as Robin sneezed. He sprang back up and took a good look at his chair.

“What was that noise?” he asked.

“I sneezed,” said Robin, through a tissue, “I have a cold.”

“Ya’ do?” Pops seemed surprised to hear it, “Well, that’s too bad.”

Robin rolled his eyes (hunh?).

“But,” Pops continued, “I think I have something that will cheer ya’ up.” He pulled a wrapped package out of his coat pocket and handed it to Robin. Robin tore off the paper and was overjoyed to find a book underneath.

Wait a minute! 'Overjoyed'!

“I sure am!” Robin said with a grin.

You’re supposed to be disappointed!

“I am?”

YES!

“Why should I be? I love reading!”

You should be because I’m the narrator and I say so! So there! Nyeh!

“If you say so,” Robin said hanging his head (although we’re not supposed to get to the rhyming until later). Robin tried his best to look disappointed and looked over his gift again.

“A book?” he queried.

Within the time frame of his last line and now Pops had fallen asleep.

“What do we do now?” Robin asked.

Try to wake him up. Robin tried his darnedest to wake up Pops. He shook him, he pinched him, he smacked him across the face after much goading from the narrator, but to no avail. Pops just went right on snoozing.

“What now?”

Cover your ears. Robin did as the mighty and handsome narrator instructed. “Ahem!”

The suddenly the entire room shook as the roof was lifted away with the mighty roar of terrifying beast! An enormous shaggy orange head with wild eyes peered down into the tiny room.

“What are you doing?” Robin shouted over the din.

Taking overly extreme measures! HA, HA-HA, HA, HA-HA-HA!

“W-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-K-E-E-E-E-E U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-P-P!” the giant Animal roared, shaking the house to it’s very foundation, cracking the sidewalk outside, setting off all the car alarms on the block and causing The Swedish Chef’s soufflé to fall. (For the sake of the children I will not repeat what the Chef said he thought of me and my overly extreme measures (but I will say it involved an ax))

And with that Animal disappeared. When the dust settled Robin was still in bed, shaking from the reverberation and Pops was still in his chair, coated in dust and still fast asleep.

Well…that didn’t work.

“Wha-a-a-a-a-a-t sho-o-o-o-o-o-uld we-e-e-e-e do-o-o-o-o-o n-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w?” Robin said, still vibrating.

Stop vibrating.

The entire room settled.

And clean up the mess.

With a magical WHOOSH the room was put back in order and the roof was repaired.

I’m just going to start the real story, alert me if he wakes up.

“Okay.”

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Great beginning. Keep it coming!

Who is the voice of the narrator?