The Muppet Musician

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but I figured I'd throw it up here to catch a little more attention.

I've been working on a site for musicians tentatively called (get this, it's real creative) The Muppet Musician. It'll be a resource for musicians who want to play/sing/arrange/whatever Muppet, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, etc. songs. I have a decent number of songs worked out right now (from Sesame Street's (I've Got) A New Way To Walk to Something's Missing, the UK sketch from The Muppet Show with Rudolph Neureyev), but I really need help from anyone who can play an instrument and has a good musical ear. If you have tabs, chords, or even other instrument parts to any song Muppet related, please email them to me. I'll make sure you have credit and all that, don't worry.

But, anyway, I'd love to know, also, if there's really any interest in this. I know I've always wanted a site like this around, so I figured I'd work on it. I don't know when I'll have it ready, but first thing I do, I'll announce it here. But, it's not going to work without your help! So pull out those Muppet show tapes, crank up those mp3s, and get transcribing! Thanks. Good night.

-Chris

scarecroe

Reaction score
As I mentioned in the thread you originally posted in about this, I think it's a wonderful idea. Personally I don't know much about chords, but a new Muppet site done exclusively for song chords sounds wonderful. New sites that help to nurture the online Muppet fan community excite me. There are plenty of Muppet/Fraggle/Sesame Lyrics pages out there, but I don't think there are any pages with a database of chords.

Neat!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chris,

This is a fantastic idea! It will be a wonderfully unique and beneficial site to many. Keep us informed of your progress.

Is it hard for you to transcribe all the songs by ear since so few have music that's been published? You may want to check out this page for many of the Muppet songbooks that have been released.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah this is a cool idea, there are literally loads of people who've asked over the years about Muppet songbooks with the chords and things so they can play them. It'll mean people can enjoy the music in a whole new way and a lot more interactively.

Well done,

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm working on it. And yes, I'm doing by ear as best I can and hopefully once it's up, everyone who uses the site can double check me. Still, anyone with any ear at all can be a great help. I'll probably put it up soon in a very small form and hope that Muppet fans around the net will help it grow. I'll let you know of my progress. Thanks for the support! I'm excited.

-Chris

scarecroe

Reaction score
By the way, there's a thread about guitar chords going on at rec.arts.henson+muppets that you might want to check out. Specifically, they were talking about "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday" chords.