The Muppet Database

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'm sure this idea has been thought of before, but nobody has ever taken the initiative to do it. I would like to.

The Muppet Database: Every Muppet. Ever.

Its a good idea I think. I think it would be a really cool ongoing thing a group of us could do together. Put up a site, kind of like Kermitage, with a database of Muppet characters from everywhere (I'm talking specials, tv shows, commercials, etc.). And I will start working on it, if I can get some help. If anyone is willing to put in some good time and effort helping me compile a database of the Muppets, email me, reply to this post, IM me, whatever. Get in touch. Join the team. It'll be fun!! :smile:

-Matt

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I think there's a website with a list just like that. I'm having trouble finding it again.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
If you find it, let me know. I'm talking the REALLY obscure ones...like Amanda from one of the Ed Sullivan show skits, the 3Ds from MV3D, and all the other great characters. I'd be interested in helping them...

-Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeah, and PunchandJewelery.com has the complete Fraggle Rock w/ obscure ones. Some of the work is already done. But like I said, it isn't just television series I want to include, but every character from everything. There are a number of ways I have thought would work, ie. character listings by they works they were in. Although that would cause some overlap, it might be the best way.

But I aint doin' nothin' 'til somebody contacts me about it. :smile:

-Matt

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Plus, at one time, we had a near-complete Sesame Street one going on that board.

Here's some early Muppets for you:

Kermit (Kermit the First, that is...no collar, darker shade of green, and no flippers)
Sam
Yorick
Mushmelon (looks a bit like Oscar)
Icky Gunk
Moldy Hay (looks a bit like Ernie)
Yellow Man (looks a bit like Bert)
Harry (not the monster, a greenish thing with shades that looks like Kermit the First)
Wilkins
Wontkins
Professor Madcliffe
Delbert the LaChoy Dragon
King Goshposh (aka King Rupert)
Featherstone
Taminella Grinderfall (she was on The Frog Prince, also Sweetums' debut)
Sclrapp Flyapp (later became the big red monster in the "Hugga Wugga" bit)
The Colonel (he can be seen on A & E's biography on "Sesame Street")

Most of the "Sam and Friends" Muppets never talked. They usually lip-synched to records. Ergo, Sam and Friends was MTV's predecessor!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Thanks TM!

If we actually get something serious going I'll talk to you further about pictures, in depth descriptions, etc. Thanks Again! :smile:

-Matt

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Listing

Hello, Cantus Rock.

Thinking about your proposal to create this database, I was wondering if you mind if I post the listing I've compiled here in this thread or if I should post a new thread for such a listing. I only wish to help out in whatever way I can with the Muppet database, though a warning should be given about the vast extent of my newly improved Muppet listing. Well, at least I asked before posting the list and besides, there's always the "Post a new Thread" button. Let me know whether I should post my collection here or not.

Thanks, You're the ever-vigilant bat watcher, the Count.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, I'd prefer if you'd post it in a new thread, only for the fact I'd like to keep this as a type of signup thread for people who want to help me, should the site ever be established. Maybe you'd like to be a part of it Count? :smile: But yeah, just post your listin in a new thread, thanks for asking about that first. :big_grin:

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
According to the people that be at Kermitage.com, a character listing for Fraggle Rock and the Jim Henson Hour is int he works(least, last time I got an email from them)

The fact is, there are literally thousands of Muppets from the last 50 years...so as Muppet fans we have quite a rich history to chose from. A lot of people dont know that.