The Muppet Christmas Festival

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this new christmas fan fic. I hope to work on it untill Christmas, but I could finish it before then. Anyway, enjoy again.

Chapter 1

The Muppets were at the boarding house for a special meeting. The house was filled with muppets, so Muppets were all over the house, and Kermit even put some walkie talkies in every room so that everyone could hear him. By the door was where Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, Miss Kitty, and Digit were standing at. In the dining room, around the dinner table, was where Louis Kazagger, Bobo, two chickens, baab the lamb, Sam The Eagle, Annie Sue Pig, and Baskerville were sitting at. In the kithcen was where The Swedish Chef, Gladys The Canteen Lady, Seymour The Elephant, Bubba The Rat, Zippety Zap, Gorgon Heap, Leon, Nigel The Conductor, Mildred, and Pops were at. Sitting on the stairs were Dr. Phil van Neuter, Mulch, The Newsman, Crazy Harry, Snoky Bloir, Mad Monty, Clueless Morgan, and Polly Lobster. Up on the top balcony were Lobbock Lou, Jerry, Lou, Zeke, Bubba, Gramps, Bean Bunny, Nigel The Director, Bobby Benson, and Marvin Suggs.

And in the main living room area were Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Scooter, Clifford, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Animal, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Rowlf, Statler, Waldorf, Robin, Beauregard, Lew Zeland, Johnny Fiama, Sal, Droop, Miss Mousey, Camillia, and Sweetums.

Kermit started the meeting while everyone was talking and throwing things around the room. "uh, can I get you attention please?", said Kermit, but no one listened, "Can I have your attention, please?", said Kermit, again, but with no one paying attention, then, finally, he shouted, "CAN I HAVE EVERYONES ATTENTION, PLEASE!"

"...And then I said, 'look, cigarrettes may look cool, but they aren't cool, fer sure...", said Janice, who then noticed that everybody was listening.

"Now, as we all know, the government has offered for us to host a big muppet christmas festival", said Kermit.

Everyone cheered.

"Well, who'd have thought the government would stoop so low?", said Sam The Eagle.

"Why'd the government want to let the Muppets have their own festival?", asked Statler.

"Because the Smurfs didn't want anything to do with this", said Waldorf.

"Now, I need one of you to send out invitations to all of the muppets", said kermit.

"I'll do it, chief!", said Scooter.

"wait a minute, okay", said Pepe, "So, are we legally able to invite everybody? As in, also the Muppets from Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, and other places?"

"yes, Pepe", said Kermit, "The government paid every company needed in order to make this the best christmas festival ever!"

"And now", said Rowlf, "It is time to decide on who will give to who this year".

"That's right, we all agreed.... well, outnumbered the no voters", said Kermit, "To not give preents to everyone So, we will all pick out names from our designated box colors".

"Some names were in some boxes, others were not", said Clifford, "So that we wouldn't accidently draw out our own names".

"Moi doesn't really like the fact that she won't get presents from everybody this year", said Miss Piggy, "But Moi also doesn't have enough money for everyone, and there are some who Moi doesn't want to give any presents to".

"Well, then, let's start drawing names from boxes, shall we?", asked Kermit.

The letters soon arrived to everybody in no time. Down in Fraggle Rock, Gobo ran to his friends at the main hall.

"hey, y'all", said Gobo, "I just visited Doc and Sprocket, and they informed me that we are all invited to the big muppet christmas festival".

"Well, that is great", said Red.

"I'm going to go tell my uncle traveling matt, and then I'll tell the Gorgs", said Gobo.

"I'll tell the trash heap", said Mokey.

"I'll tell Cotterpin", said Red, "And she can tell the doozers".

"I'll go tell Large Marvin, Feeny, Marlon, and Morris", said Wembly.

"I'll stay here and wash some socks", said Boober.

They all left. Then Boober realied something. "Why didn't they just blow the fraggle horn, have a meeting, and then tell every fraggle at once?"

Soon, it was mail day at the big blue house...

"What are you doing, Bear?", asked Tutter.

"I'm sniffing the mail", said Bear, "Sniffing is fun!"

"Aren't you going to open it?", asked Ojo.

"Why, of course", said Bear, who then opened and read it, "I may be eligible for one million dollars!"

"Wow!", said Pip and Pop.

"yeah", said Bear, "This is almost as exciting as us being invited to the muppet christmas festival".

They all agreed.

Even the Sesame Street cast had gotten their invitations.

"I hate this", frowned Oscar, "I'm invited to the biggest party of the year".

"Cheer up, oscar", said Big Bird, "After the party, there will be lots of trash".

"That's right", said Zoe.

"Oh, that's great", said oscar, "I love trash". Then oscar went into his can.

"But you know", worried telly, "I didn't get an invitation. They must not like me".

"Oh, that is tewwible", said Baby bear.

"Yeah, I wish you could come", said Big Bird.

"Ooooh, what'll I do?", cried Telly, but then grover came to deliver telly's mail.

"I've got mail for you, telly", said grover.

"Oh, all right", said telly, "I'm expecting a special mail-order triangle. maybe that will cheer me up."

But it wasn't his triangle. It was an invitation.

"Wow!", shouted Telly, "hey, everybody! I'm invited!"

Thy all cheered.

"But...", said Telly, "I didn't get my triangle".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 2

Ernie and Bert were at their apartment, excited.

"Oh, boy!", said Bert, "I canot wait to go to the festival! I have some new oatmeal recipes that I was wanting to cook and give to other people for soime time now, and now I have an opportunity!"

"You know, Bert, you can just throw a party", aid Ernie, "By the way, I noticed that Rubber Duckie didn't get an invitation".

"Well, they probably just invited Muppets only", said Bert, "My pigeon Berniece didn't get an invitation either, but she's visiting her relatives this christmas".

"Well, I guess I've got to do sme christmas shopping, Bert", said Ernie.

"Okay, I'll see you later", said Bert.

Mokey was visiting the trash heap.

"Oh, madam trash heap", called Mokey...

"You are in the presence of....", interrupted Gunge.

"...the all-knowing", continued philo.

"...Trash heap! Nyahhh", finished Philo and Gunge.

"What brings you here, young Fraggle?", asked marjourie.

"Oh, there's this christmas party that we're all invited to", said Mokey, "We would like you to come".

"I'd love to come", said marjourie, "But I can't move".

"We'll go", said Philo.

"Would we really go without marjourie?", asked Gunge.

"Well, maybe we can figure out a way to get you there", said Mokey.

Gobo went to the Gorgs castle, where he saw Junior, ma, and Pa.

"Hello, everybody", said Gobo.

"Oh, it's Gobo", said Junior.

"Nice to see you again", said Pa, "Would you like a radish?"

"No, thank you", said Gobo, "But I've been told about a christmas festival that we're all invited to..."

"Oh, I love festivals", said Ma.

"Anyway, would you like to come?", asked Gobo.

"Oh, sure, it should be fun!", said Junior.

"Where is this festival?", asked Ma.

"Oh, it's in outer space, somewhere", said Gobo, "I was given a map to a special fraggle hole that leads to the place".

"Oh, but, uh, we can't get there", said pa.

"Why not, Daddy?", asked Junior.

"Because we are too big to go into fraggle rock and get there", said Pa, "The only way to get to outer space is through a Fraggle hole, but those are usually just in caves".

"Oh, rats", said Junior.

"Well, maybe we can find a way to make you shrink", said Gobo.

"Yeah", said Ma, "and then we can go there".

Gobo left the Gorgs castle and saw Mokey coming back into the cave.

"Oh, hi, Gobo", said Mokey, "we have a problem".

"I know", said Gobo, "We need to figure out a way to make the gorgs smaller".

"No, the problem is that we need to find a way to get the trash heap to the party", said Mokey.

"Oh, great", said Gobo, "We have two problems".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Ernie was walking, wondering what to get Bert for christmas, when he suddenly got approached by Lefty The Salesman.

Psst! Hey, budd", whispered Lefty, slowly.

"Who, me?", shouted Ernie.

"Shhh!", said Lefty.

"Who, me?", whispered Ernie.

"RRrrriiggghht!", said lefty, "Today is your lucky day!"

"It is?", shouted Ernie.

"Shhhh!", said Lefty, "I've got the finest present for you to give, and it's the last of my supplies, too".

"What is it?", asked Ernie.

Lefty took out a Fraggle pebble from his pocket, "This is a Fraggle pebble."

"Oh, that looks neat", said Ernie, "What is it for?"

"Oh, it's for giving", said Lefty, "You just pass it on. It'll cost you just ten cents".

"Okay, I'll take it", said Ernie.

Lefty took it and left. "Now I can buy a present", said Lefty, "Now I'm glad I accepted this gift from that furry blue monster".

"I'll give this to Bert", said Ernie, "But I feel kinda bad about not getting him a paper clip this year".

Meanwhile, Scooter was checking off the invite list.

"Well, boss, I sent out every invitation", said Scooter.

"That's good", said Kermit.

"And I called my mother", said Fozzie, "She's comming, but the rest of my family can't come. especially not my identical cousin. I'm still trying to get ahold of my agent, Irving Bizarre, and my writer, gags Beasley".

"Well, keep trying", said Kermit.

"I can't wait for this festival", said Robin.

"Well, it's not for another few weeks", said Kermit.

"But..", said a worried Fozzie, "If it's not for another few weeks, then... what'll we do 'till then?"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 4

Fozzie was impatiently waiting for the festival.

"Why oh why do I have to wait", cried Fozzie.

"Relax, Fozzie", said Scooter, "We wait for christmas every year".

"That's right", said Robin, "And if we can spend the whole year waiting for Christmas to come, then we can wait for this festival, which, by the way, is on christmas eve".

"That's right!", said Fozzie, "Maybe, to pass the time, I can start my christmas shopping".

"That's the spirit!", said Robin.

"Yes, I've got to do some shopping, too", said Miss Piggy, "Though I like recieving better than giving".

"Well, I'm going to go to my room and look over my list for who I hav eto shop for", said Fozzie.

Fozzie went to his room and looked through the name cards that he drew from various assigned boxes.

"Let's see", said Fozzie, "I have to buy presents for Robin, Sam The Eagle, Lips, Pepe, Bobo, Thog, The Newsman... that's odd, he signed his name as The Newsman? Oh, and also Waldorf... wait a miniute! I have to buy a present for one of those two old men who always heckle me?!"

Near Sesame Street, Grover was working at a present stand, selling various items. Among the items that he had for sale were earmuffs, a box of paperclips, two boxes of cookies, some fraggle pebbles, some fruity pebbles, five bags of chocolate covered birdseed, picture frames, some sardine milk shakes, a Tickle Me Red Monster doll, and some Pokemon cards.

"Items for sale!", shouted Grover, "Good for the holiday season! get them now, before they get marked down!"

Fat Blue came by. "Oh, gifts to buy", said fat Blue, who then noticed Grover, "Oh, no, not you again!", he moaned.

"That's right", said Grover, "And I have got loads of presents to sell, but I am out of wrapping paper".

"Oh, well, then, let me look at what you've got", said fat Blue.

"Oh, you do not have to look", said Grover, "I will point out to you what I have got!".

"no, that wouldn't be necces...", said fat Blue.

"We have here", interrupted grover, who wasn't paying attention, "Some Fruitty pebbles, which are good for breakfast".

"Well, I've got plenty of cereal", said Fat Blue, "beats having to go to a resuraunt and being served by you at breakfast".

"We have also got some fine paper clips", said Grover, "My friend Bert just loves this stuff".

"Well, I don't", said Fat Blue.

"And we have got these lovely Pokemon cards", said Grover, "would you like to buy some? They are the least selling items that I am selling".

"I can see why they aren't selling", said Fat Blue, "But I don't want to buy any of your.... wait! what are those rock-like things?"

"Oh, those are Fraggle pebbles", said grover, "They are the gifts that keep on giving".

"Well, then I'll take them", said fat Blue, "How much do they cost?"

"They are free", said grover, "You just pass them on".

"How do you expect to make money if you give your items away?", asked Fat Blue.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, this is great! So nice to see another Christmas story on here! I can't wait to read more!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 5

Red was talking to Cotterpin, inviting her to the festival.

"Hey, Cotterpin!", yelled red.

"What?", said Cotterpin.

"Theres going to be christma sfestival in a few week, and you and all of the Doozers are invited", said Red.

"Oh, boy", exclaimd Cotterpin, "I will tell the other doozers right away", and then she left to tell them..
"Hmmm...", thought Red, "I wonder if there'll be any Doozer sticks at the festival?"

Red walked to Gobo and Wemblys cave. Gobo had already started talking to Wembly, Mokey, and Boober when she showed up.

"...we have some problems", said Gobo.

"I'll say", said Boober, "I always wash socks, even though most of us fraggles don't even wear socks".

"I was talking about another problem", said Gobo, "The Gorgs can't fit into the rock and therefore can't go to the party".

"Well, the party is scary enough without the gorgs...", said Boober.

"What are you talking about?", asked Mokey, "We've befriended the Gorgs by now, rememebr?"

"Oh, yeah", said Boober.

"We also need to find a way to bring the trash heap to the party", said Gobo.

"We can toss her into the pond and have her swim there", said Red.

"Or we can.... no, but, uh, we can, no, no... uh, we could, uh.....", said Wembly, who was struggling to come up with a solution.
"We could have a town meeting!", said Mokey.

"Hey, good idea", said Gobo.

"I'll blow the fraggle horn!", said Red.

They all left.

Meanwhile, Kermit and Clifford were looking over the bidget for the festival.

"let's see here", said Kermit, "What have we paid for?"

"Well, Kerm", said Clifford, "We've paid for food to cook, lighting, cleaning, a tree, but we can't afford security".

"Well, The Swedish Chef, Gladys, Seymour, and Pepe have all offered to cook for free, and we have a lot of people who agreed to provide live music for free", said Kermit.

"Yeah, my old band, Solid Foam, is making a comback", said Clifford.

"yes, and don't forget about the jugbands, and all the other bands", said Kermit.

"Especially don't frget about my band", said Clifford.

"BAND! BAND!", shouted Animal.

"Well, we're all set, and we're starying 35 percent under budget", said Clifford.

"That's good", said Kermit.

"Hey, Kermit, you should see the christmas stunt I've got planned for the festival...", said Gonzo.

"Not now, Gonzo", said Kermit.

"Well, of course not now", said Gonzo, "I'm doing it at the festival".

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Terrific, I can't wait to find out what Gonzo's stunt is! I should think that the likes of Sweedoms, or some of the other monsters could act as security, no? And why wouldn't the government pay for everything, since they started this whole thing. Keep up the good work! Can't wait for more!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 6

Gonzo went to the backyard to test out his stunt. Statler and Waldorf were watching from the back porch. Gaffer was sitting on window ledge. Pepe, Rizzo, Camillia, Digit, Scooter, and Zoot were all watching.

"All right, peopel", said Gonzo, "Now, I will be tied to this christmas tree".

Gonzo climbed to the top of the tree.

"Now, I need a volunteer to tie me up at the top of this tree", said Gonzo.

The Mutations came out and tied Gonzo with some christmas light wires.

"All right, now I will need Crazy Harry to press the plunger attached to the tree", said Gonzo.

"I'm sorry, I can't", said Crazy Harry.

"But why?", asked Gonzo.

"Because I have to do some christmas shopping", said Crazy Harry, who then left.

"Oh, great", moaned Gonzo, "Now I need someone to push down the plunger".

"Do you think we should try it?", asked Waldorf.

"What, and let his stunt succeed?", asked Statler.

"I'LL VOLUNTEER!", shouted Animal, who then ran out and pressed down on the plunger, but when he did, the inside of the boarding house exploded.

"Huh, something went wrong", said Gonzo, "I thought the plunger was connected to the tree".

"Gonzo!", shouted Kermit, who was blown out of the house, "I don't want you performing this stunt at the festival!"

"Yeah, I guess I shouldn't", said Gonzo, "I was supposed to be blown into outer space".

Back at The Counts castle.....

"Well, I just made myself a chain to pull each day to count down the days before christmas", said The Count.

"Yay!", shouted the bats.

"Right now there are 21 days before christmas", said The Count, "And every day I'll pull off another one, untill the last one is pulled! And I will count right now! 1 chain piee, two chain pieces, three chain pieces..."

"Just don't tell the count that with every piece that gets pulled off there's one less number to count", whispered one of the bats.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
And why wouldn't the government pay for everything, since they started this whole thing.
The Government started it, but also gave the Muppets a hefty budget, and I guess Kermit doesn't want to take advantage of the budget, or go over budget and make the government pay more.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 7

Thanks to Gozno's stunt, the boarding house was a mess.

"Okay", said Kermit, "Beauregard! George! Lindberg! I want you all to clean the house!"

"Okay", said Beauregard, "But I don't see what's wrong with it".

"It's all been blown up", shouted Kermit.

"I'll go get my precious mop ready", said George.

"And I'll go fix the heaters", said Lindberg.

"Wait!", said Bunsen, "We don't have to go through all this work".

"We don't?", said kermit.

"Mee mee mee mee me mee", said Beaker.

"That's correct!", said Bunsen, "With this here machine we can clean the house in no time".

The machine was like a mechanical mop bucket, with a big controll panel on top, a vacume attached to the panel, and a controll for how fast and powerful it should be.

"Okay, turn it on, beaker!", said Bunsen.

Beaker pressed the "on" button, but nothing happened.

"Beaker", said Bunsen, "Why don't you check out the vaccume to see what's wrong with it".

"mee mee", said beaker.

Beaker was checking the vaccume, inspecting it by putting his eyes close to the vaccume. Beaker put his fingers in there, to try to clean out any kinks that might be in it.

Bunsen inspected the panel, "Oh, this is the problem. I forgot to put the switch to 'work'", and he put the switch to work, which caused it to be turned on, which then sucked Beaker into the machine.

"oh, Beaker, you're stuck", said Bunsen, "Don't worry. I'll just set this thing to reverse", and when he turned on the reverse button Beaker was sent flying through the house.

In the backyard, The newsman was going over his reports.

"Here is a news flash!", said The newsman, "A meteor that looks like a lab coat, tube, and red fur is flying closer to the earth than we think. Hmm, that doesn't make sense...", and with that, Beaker crashed through a window and landed on the newsman.

Meanwhile, a meeting was held at the town hall of fraggle rock.

"I wonder what this meeting is about", said Feeny.

"Maybe it's about sandwhiches", said Large Marvin.

"No, no, no", said marlon, "It's just got to be about firey sparks! I just knnnowww it!"

"Aw, sparky sandwhiches, my favorite", said Large Marvin.

"Well, I hope this meeting is better than the last one", said The Worlds Oldest Fraggle.

"They usually are", said Hency.

"I know they are!", shouted The Worlds Oldest Fraggle, who then bopped Henchy on the nose with his walking stick.

"You promised!", moaned Henchy.

"Well, when will we get started?", asked Morris.

"We'll never get started", said Marlon, "The feverish things are out to get us!"

"We are not feverish things!", said one of the Inkspots.

"okay, let's get things started", said Gobo.

"Why don't you get things started?", said the fraggles.

"I'm trying to start this meeting", said Gobo, "Now, as we all know, we've been invited to a big christmas festival".

The Fraggles all cheered.

"I love festivals", said Traveling Matt.

"Well, if you love them so much why don't you marry them?", asked Marlon.

"Yes, this is good news", said Mokey, "But we've got two problems".

"Only two?", asked Marlon, "I've got a bunch of problems".

"Yes, I know", said Boober.

"Now, the Gorgs are invited, but the only known way to get to outer space is by going through rocks in the fraggle holes, and the Gorgs can't fit in Fraggle Rock", said Mokey.

"Couldn't there be fraggle holes out there in the gorgs world?", asked Feeny.

"Oh, Feeny finally said something intelligent", remarked Red.

"Our other problem is that we need to find a way to get the trash heap to the festival", said Mokey.

"Why don't you just get the doozers to build a wageon and carry her there?", asked Convincing John.

"Oh, that's a good idea", said Gobo, "Thanks for convincing us, but now we still need to know how to get the Gorgs there".

"Well, I'd like to tell you of a legent of a special way to make Gorgs smaller", said The Storyteller Fraggle, "A legend that only a few fraggles know about, but no Gorgs seem to know of it.... and that's because Fraggles have refused to let the gorgs know how to change sizes".

"Yeah, but we've made friends with the gorgs years ago", said Wembly, "they're not so bad anymore".

"Well, then let me tell you all the tale.....", said The Storyteller.