The Muppet Central Dictionary

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks Count, the new things (including the new entry "Sticky" from the upside down frog :smile: ) are incorporated. I'm glad the option to edit the post was still in effect.
I wasn't sure which way to go with number titles (3004). The reason I had decided on putting it alphabetically with the T words is that in a movie guide I have the author lists number titles that way (eg. the film "1941" is listed with the N movies as if its title is "Nineteen Forty One"). But it probably varies among movie guide books too, because I know they differ in how they handle some other things (such as some listing all sequels directly after the original movie and others listing them strictly alphabetically [even as precisely as listing 'part THREE' prior to 'part TWO' because three comes before two alphabetically. But usually the "parts" are roman numerals II, III, etc., which eliminates that problem altogether]).

Oh and btw I also remember the character Joey from old "Dennis the Menace" comic books and strips saying "Yeth" for yes. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I could help. Sometimes I leave entries like "The Number 4 Cheerleaders" in alphabetical placement because of the N in "Number". Other times, at least the one example I have to offer, I changed 7-Words-Max to "Seven-Words-Max" so he'd fall into the S file.
Working on Version 16 of the Muppet Listings, gathering names from SS Season 37, waiting for my main source/helper to check back in.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ed, you should really make a defintion here for your Muppet Listings too.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
How could we forget:

The Muppet Central Dictionary n. Thread started by user D'Snowth and maintained by Ziffel and D'Snowth, linking together all terms used on Muppet fansite "Muppet Central."

RedDragon

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Yeah I thought an asterick before an action as in... *smacks forehead ...
was for any action. Didn't know it should also be accompanied by a sound.
*mulls this over a few seconds
The asterick thing isn't really a rule...It's just what I've noticed as a tendence for people to do...

Beauregard

Reaction score
*enters*

I'd change the entry about the alterisks a little, becuase I use exclusively Asterisks for action, regardless of sound, as many people I know do (Vibs, Christy, Dan, most MopFam people actually except Toga and Lisa). So perhaps edit it to be more to do with action, like, as an alternative to the <>'s.

Beau

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Since Vic asked for it...

The Muppet Listings: n. A list-form compilation of all characters, Muppet or human, who have appeared in the various Henson productions throughout the years. Though there are some exceptions, this project (currently in its fifteenth version) attempts to be as complete and accurate as possible. When necessary, a specific character is identified by either the sketch or song they appeared in, such as the nameless Anything or Whatnot Muppets. Many of the abbreviations for Henson productions used here on the forums are the ones used for the ML or Muppet Listings.

Been working for the last two years on Version 16: have some groupings that I'd like to get sorted and/or confirmed before adding them and updating, most notedly SS Season 37.
The list is also the first step of what I hope to turn into a grander project, but I'm content with the way the list's progressing so far.
Hope this helps.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Edit:
*...* (v): Brackets used by some for actions that have sounds involved. IE *groans* *cries* *grumble, grumble* or in place of <...>, or when currently doing an action or you're on the receiving end of someone else's action. IE *is silent* *is slapped*

PM (abbrev.): Private message...an e-mail like communication between two members on the forum...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow, awesome thread!
Snowth's nicknames should have their own sub-category. ><