The Muppet Central Book Club

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I would like to go with A. Frank Oz I believe was one of the Muppeteers that came first.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Ding ding ding!!! We have a winnah!! Even though you don't get anything.
That's okay! I was thinking of classic Sesame Street and there was Jim and who else? All I could think of was Cookie Monster and Bert, Ernie's roomate and in my head, it said, "Frank Oz."

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
That's okay! I was thinking of classic Sesame Street and there was Jim and who else? All I could think of was Cookie Monster and Bert, Ernie's roomate and in my head, it said, "Frank Oz."
Well, there was also Caroll Spinney, but I didn't mention him in the question.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
The Muppet Central Book Club

Welcome fellow Muppet book lovers to the Muppet Central Book Club, or MCBC for short! This is a thread where fellow book readers can come and share not only there love for reading, but love for all things Muppet/Henson related. This is an open club, meaning that everyone is welcome to take part, and join the fun. That being said, there are some ground rules I feel we should go over.

First Rule: As stated above this is an open club which means folks can come and go as they please.

So, let us all remember to be respectful and follow all of he forum rules and guidelines found here.....

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/help/terms

Second Rule: There will, at no time, be a club “President/Vice President”. I (dwayne1115) will be “In Charge” of the club. Which means, I will be selecting the books, setting time frames, and doing my best to keep the flow of the conversations positive and moving. There will be times I will have others “In Charge” from time to time, but they will be notified through private message before hand.

Third Rule: We will be talking about one book at a time. There are several wonderful Muppet related books, and if you would like to make a request please send me a private message so we do not junk up the forum with a request thread.

Fourth Rule: (Final Rule) We will be talking about many different topics some of which could be “sensitive” so lets keep in mind that we have members of all ages, and keep the conversation as positive polite as we can.

The first Book we will be discussing is JIM HENSON: THE BIOGRAPHY by Brian Jay Jones.

The actual first meeting of the club will be on 8/9/2014 one month from the day this thread was opened. The reason for this is to give everyone a chance to get the book, or finish reading it. (like me)

At the first meeting we will start with the intro to the book and the prolog. Then within a few days we will move on to chapter one and so on.

I look forward to finishing this book, and then discussing each chapter with everyone very soon!

Happy reading, and we will see you all on 08/09/2014!
Hey, sorry about this. I have several other books to read at one time. I will be done around the 27th. Could we maybe switch the time to 08/19/14?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Our first book is a very long book, and one of the reasons I choose the date that I did was so that people could at least get the book and start reading it. I don't want to put any pressure on anyone on trying to finish the book with in a months time. Take you time and enjoy the book. Once we start the talking about the book we are going to be taking our time going through each chapter, so if you don't finish the book before we start you will be fine. What I would suggest is having the first two or three chapters read at least, but even that you don't really have to do.