The Mouse is Wooing Miss Piggy

radionate

Reaction score
For all you animation freaks out there (while we are on the subject), try and find a copy of Tiny Toy Stories. Its a collection of all of Pixar's animated shorts (minus Geri's Game and For the Birds). It really shows you the magic that the whole crew at Pixar yield.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Animated Features

Since this has popped up in the discussion, I'm sure a lot of you will be happy to know that a "Cats Don't Dance" DVD has just been announced for September 3rd....while plans are still underway for an "Iron Giant: Special Edition" disc for either this Christmas or early next year.

I don't know yet what the aspect ratio will be for "Cats," but I think Warner Bros. knows the kind of audience that wants this movie will want it available in both formats.

But just in case, below is some contact information for Warner Home Video if you want to support widescreen:

Warner Home Video
3903 West Olive Avenue, Room 3144
Burbank, CA 91505

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
For all you animation freaks out there (while we are on the subject), try and find a copy of Tiny Toy Stories. Its a collection of all of Pixar's animated shorts (minus Geri's Game and For the Birds). It really shows you the magic that the whole crew at Pixar yield.
I have this video when it came out in November of 1996 as a promo like thing for Toy Story the woman told me at the Disney store! NO! Geri's Game is NOT in this video thats on the "Bug's Life" video/DVD and NO "For the Birds" is NOT in this video ether its planed to be in the "MOnster's, Inc video/dvd and plus its a New short film that just came out! here are the Pixar shorts on the video (I have the video right here with me)

1. The Adventures of Andre & Wally B.

2. Luxo Jr.

3. Red's Dream

4. Tin Toy

5. Knicknacks

Jessie

Reaction score
Pixar Animated Shorts and Don Bluth

Radionate- My favourite Pixar short (besides "The Birds" that cannot be purchased yet) is "Knick Knack." Such a cute film! You can watch them online at www.pixar.com but you have to have Shockwave 5, I think.

As for Don Bluth films, I throughrougly did not enjoy All Dogs Go To Heaven. I guess for the same reason that I didn't like all the Homeward Bound movies. But one of my favourite animated films is The Secret Of NIMH. I thought that was a well put together film with great music. (And Jeremy--"I've always wanted a sparkly...of my very own...")

radionate

Reaction score
I just wanted to correct myself cause its been driving me nuts all night. Don Bluth did not produce, nor work on, An American Tail 2: Fivel Goes West. I wound up going home after work to watch it. This was the first time I've seen it in years, and after just a few seconds into the film, I could tell from the animation style it wasn't him. Sorry for the incorrect info!

Also, one Tiny Toy Stories. I believe this video is out of print. I have a copy in my collection. It's pretty tough to find, but well worth it. It came out shortly before Toy Story was released on video. It wasn't a promo for Toy Story, but rather Disney capitalizing on the popularity of the movie. (go figure, Disney trying to squeeze every last nickel out of something.)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think American Tail 2 was directed by the same guy responsible for some of the Roger Rabbit short cartoons.

radionate

Reaction score
Great Jamie,

As if my day isn't going to be long enough (double shift at the station and a rehearsal when I get home), now I'm going to have to go home, check out the credits for American Tail Two, and watch all the Roger Rabbit shorts and find out:

a.) Who this guy is
b.) If he indeed did both

It's hard work being anal about animation (Maybe I should join A.A.A.)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can't find any director's info on American Tail 2 for the life of me. I guess no one found it worthy to write up the film credits online. :frown:

Who I am thinking of is Rob Minkof (sp). I could be wrong though.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I can't find any director's info on American Tail 2 for the life of me. I guess no one found it worthy to write up the film credits online. :frown:

Who I am thinking of is Rob Minkof (sp). I could be wrong though.
My online sources show Phil Nibbelink and Simon Wells as the directors. Rob Minkoff Directed the Lion King and Stuart Little (1 and 2). Couldn't find any of the directors from the Roger Rabbit shorts. That will have to be a project tonight.

One interesting note, The Best of Roger Rabbit, the tape that contains all the shorts was for sale on Yahoo. This tape, so I thought, was really hard to come by. I had thought that Disney had recalled them, as they can gotten into hot water with Jessica. Perhapes they edited them and then released it, but I didn't think they did. If anyone is interested in this, I would snatch it up right away, as this looks to be the 1995 release, and I haven't seen one in ages.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've got it the Roger shorts in a box around here somewhere. I wondered why that release was yanked away so quickly. I thought the Jessica debate was with the feature and not the shortsm though. Disney and Spielberg really had a terrible relationship and that's why I thought the tape was axed.

Thanx for the tidbit about Tail - I couldn't find that info. I wonder what I was thinking of.