The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Jackie

Reaction score
The most tear-jerking Muppet Moment was in TMM when Kermit talks to himself and says "I did promise somebody...I promised me."

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just to add to my original list - I've just seen the Tiny Tim scene in MCC and it's awfully sad - the whole scene as Kermit/Bob talks about the ducks on the lake, talking about the first parting etc. and then the music as the camera slowly pulls down to show the empty chair with the crutch alongside it...oh it's simply terrible! It never fails to make me cry!

Guy!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
well the most tear jerking moment for me is in TMTM at the end when kermit and Piggy get married9real or not) also I have never seen the tribute to Jim someone please have a copy.

Jackie

Reaction score
Or maybe when Beaker gives Scrooge his scarf!

sameaglefan

Reaction score
sadly, i am one of the deprived souls who has not seen "the muppets celebrate jim henson" but would really like find it and see it someday (and will probably be crying my eyes out at the end of it) but the other tearjerker moments i can think of are:

1. in "the christmas toy" (my favorite christmas specials of all time along with "muppet family christmas") when mew the catnip mouse is "frozen" because he was caught out of place--its hard to explain but i'm sure some of you have seen it and would understand--i first saw it when i was 5 years old and ever since i have teared up during the movie.

2. rainbow connection at the end of TMM--of course

3. when big bird is told about mr. hooper's death on Sesame Street

4. and well, this doesnt really rank with all the others, but when i was reading the tributes to jim henson by all his fans on this site and listening to rainbow connection at the same time i was crying very hard by the time i was done reading them.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
>>>when mew the catnip mouse is "frozen" because he was caught out of place--its hard to explain but i'm sure some of you have seen it and would understand<<<

I completely understand!!

Reaction score
The little homeless rabbit shivering in the cold in a Muppet Christmas Carol is kind of a tear jerker, as is the time the gang parts ways in the Muppets take Manhatten.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dream_Preserver
The little homeless rabbit shivering in the cold in a Muppet Christmas Carol is kind of a tear jerker, as is the time the gang parts ways in the Muppets take Manhatten.
Yeah seeing Bean Bunny shivering like that just makes you go...nooooooo!

Gonzo

Reaction score
My three are:

The Wedding ending to The Muppets Take Manhattan

and

"If just one person believes in you" from Muppets celebrate Jim Henson

and

Gonzo's "My Way" on the Muppet Show when he was going to leave the show to go to India to become a famous movie star.

Quinnnnnn