The Me song

Cookie fan

Reaction score
This was a song done by Joe Raposo; probably mid-late 70's? I loved this song but I can't remember the entire lyrics to the song...there was " Me in ny mirror, me in my bed, me in the pictures I make in my head", at least something to that effect. I seem to remember a live action video that went with the song but somehow I'm getting vague flashbacks of different versions of the song.
If anyone out there remembers, was there a version of Grover singing this song? Also, I think there was a spanish version of the song "Me" only it was called "Yo", but again I'm somehow associating Luis with this song- anyone could help a bit?

BEAR

Reaction score
I do remember this song! It's a classic and I think it was sung a lot back in the earlier days. I have a tape with Grover singing it and I also had an old record with either Grover or Cookie Monster singing it with Maria.

Katzi428

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I do remember this song! It's a classic and I think it was sung a lot back in the earlier days. I have a tape with Grover singing it and I also had an old record with either Grover or Cookie Monster singing it with Maria.
I heard it on MC Radio and it was Cookie with Maria.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Cookie fan said:
This was a song done by Joe Raposo; probably mid-late 70's? I loved this song but I can't remember the entire lyrics to the song...there was " Me in ny mirror, me in my bed, me in the pictures I make in my head", at least something to that effect. I seem to remember a live action video that went with the song but somehow I'm getting vague flashbacks of different versions of the song.
If anyone out there remembers, was there a version of Grover singing this song? Also, I think there was a spanish version of the song "Me" only it was called "Yo", but again I'm somehow associating Luis with this song- anyone could help a bit?
There was a muppet version of it. a girl probably performed by Frank Oz sang the english version and the boy muppet who was spanish sang the spanish version and he did sound like Luis. He probbaly performed the muppet on this one.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
I heard it on MC Radio and it was Cookie with Maria.
Grover probably did this one on his own only because I've heard his version on MC radio.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
It's called

"Me/Yo"

It was featured on the season premiere of SESAME STREET in 1972 and was sung by two Anything Muppets, an American girl and a Hispanic boy voiced by Emilio Delgado ("Luis")

There are several audio versions of this song available, most notably a duet on the 1974 record album "C is for Cookie" with Cookie Monster and Maria.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Are you sure it might of not been just called ME? remember there was a film featuring the song with a young boy and Joe Raposo's singing it without the spanish verse and maybe the the spanish verse was just done for the muppet skit?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I know, because I'm looking at the back of the "C is for Cookie" album as I type this,

and it says: "ME / YO"

That's how I know.