The Mail-It Shop

maxdrive

Reaction score
did they ever say why they changed the fix it shop to the mail it shop or show an epp where they make the change

MuppetDude

Reaction score
In one episode, Maria told Luis, "Well, you said you wanted a change", but there wasn't any episodes that showed why they wanted the change, nor was there any episodes where it was being built. Maybe in a later episode they'll explain it.

Al Hempker

Reaction score
This is one change that I actually like. The whole toaster gag was getting old.

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya there. It seems like at one time, in the 70's and 80's The Fix it Shop fixed everything and anything. Then after a while it got to the point where all they fixed was toasters. I just don't get it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nowadays, it's acutally a rarity to find good fix-it shops anywhere. Looking for a decent computer repair place was like finding a needle in a haystack, but thankfully I found one. I heard there was an episode of them "rebuilding Hooper's Store"? is that true?

maxdrive

Reaction score
yes i think there is i never got to see this epp but there was an epp where hopper's store had a fire and i beleve that is why the had to rebuild it

maxdrive

Reaction score
there was a epp where they did make fun of fix-it shops in a way the epp where snuffy gets the magic ukilely that makes him invisible but he breaks it and it takes forever for the repair shop to fix it.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Nowadays, it's acutally a rarity to find good fix-it shops anywhere. Looking for a decent computer repair place was like finding a needle in a haystack, but thankfully I found one. I heard there was an episode of them "rebuilding Hooper's Store"? is that true?
Yes, I think it's episode #2975. Oddly enough Biff was the one who caused the store to fall apart just because he was banging a nail in. (Just one nail!)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Fix-It Shop's joke was that all they fixed were toasters. The reason it's a joke is because Toasters are cheap enough to just throw away and buy another one. Why fix something that's so inexpensive?

Censored

Reaction score
If they really felt the repair theme was too dated, you'd think they would have changed the business to something related, like an appliance store or a manufacturing company. The Mail-It-Shop was a total career change.